PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP SP2....No pro or home??

Codex
11-09-2004, 10:02 PM
I downloaded the service pack 2 update but after i installed it my pc doesnt know if its xp pro or home(even though i know its pro) but like e.g. when it starts up it shows the loading screen saying Windows XP...no home or pro there and in the login screen Windows XP...no pro or home????? whats going on, i've tried the same download on multiple pc's but yet it still shows no sign of xp home or pro.

Whats going on here?????

godfather
11-09-2004, 10:05 PM
This behaviour is by design.

The boot screen is common now between both versions.

Spacemannz
11-09-2004, 10:05 PM
Thats normal with both Pro and Home the SP2 update.

It doesnt tell u on bootup what it is. BUT what you have or had its still the same Pro or Home. Once XP has loaded.

Codex
11-09-2004, 10:06 PM
Yea but it doesnt have a version or design stamp so i cant install some things because it says it cant identify what i'm using its so so so annoying its gonna drive me crazy

Growly
11-09-2004, 11:09 PM
I think it's silly. How else are we to show off our extra spending (allbeit on Microsoft Windows)?

bk T
11-09-2004, 11:48 PM
Or, maybe, (Only Maybe) after applying SP2, Home and Pro have merged to become XP ?????!!!!!

Mike
12-09-2004, 05:11 PM
Open Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer!), click on Help > About Windows. In there it'll tell you whether it's home or pro.

HTH

Mike.

Elephant
12-09-2004, 05:40 PM
> Open Windows Explorer (not Internet
> Explorer!), click on Help > About Windows. In there
> it'll tell you whether it's home or pro.
Using WinXP pro here with SP2

Win Explorer does not tell me that here under help... about.

Goes off to investigate if setver is still a part of WinXP. :-)

We used to convince programs written for MSDos 3.3 to run under MSDos 6.23 using that command.

godfather
12-09-2004, 05:49 PM
Control Panel - System - General

Tells you which version you have.

The start-up graphic is just that. an embedded graphic, its not something that is referenced to show what version you are running.

Pro is still Pro, Home is still Home. Only the graphic boot logo has changed.

Elephant
12-09-2004, 06:06 PM
So what are you trying to install?

I now know that setver is contained in WinXP Pro SP2

Mike
13-09-2004, 07:32 PM
> Win Explorer does not tell me that here under help... about.

See the Win XP logo at the top of the help > About box? Doesn't it say Windows XP Professional in there?

Mike.

rodb
13-09-2004, 08:36 PM
When I open Windows Explorer, click Help, then About Windows it tells me that I have Windows XP Home. Correct.