PDA

View Full Version : computer unable to find camera

kings
11-09-2004, 03:32 PM
I recently purchased a Canon A75 camera its great.my problem is my computer.I have loaded the Canon software into the PC I turned off the PC then restarted it and added the cable that connects the Camera and PC. The first time I connected the camera the PC was able to load all the photos from the camera,it worked a second time and now it cant find the camera.I have taken out the twain driver and reloaded it several times but still no joy.I tried disabling Zone Alarm as I thought it could be the problem still it wont work. I have AVG running in the PC the O/S is Windows 98 SE.I spoke to Canon and they said it could be my firewall which is Zone Alarm.I connect the camera to the computer turn on the camera and start the programme I think I am doing everything correctly. PS My computer cant find my scanner at the present either.

Spacemannz
11-09-2004, 04:01 PM
What does the camera connect to? serial? usb? or other?

And is the scanner USB? or parallel?

kings
11-09-2004, 06:54 PM
the connection is USB from the pomputer. Kings

kings
11-09-2004, 06:56 PM
Sorry bad spelling.. the scanner and camera both are USB connections.Kings

Spacemannz
11-09-2004, 07:04 PM
OK Umm, goto USB under device manager. Anything like X or something besides the entry?? How are you plugging them in?? Thru the USB port on the case? or thru a USB powered hub?? And is the scanner plugged into a power point?? While its plugged into the USB port/hub??

Have you got anything else thats USB you can test in the same USB ports?? like a USB mouse? Is USB built in or are you using a PCI card??

I would also check the BIOS, to see if USB is actually enabled in there.

If USB is onboard.

Davesdad
11-09-2004, 09:57 PM
Unplug the scanner. It is probably using the same driver as the camera requires. My A80 won't connect if my scanner is plugged in.

Thomas01
11-09-2004, 11:28 PM
I had a similar problem with my scanner when I bought my new desktop a few years ago. It was USB but the computer was unable to find it. My suppliers suggested a USB card giving me another couple of USB connections might be the way to go. It was. The new card found it with no problems and the exisiting USB connections (off the motherboard) work quite well with other devices. In fact my new scanner works with any of the USB connections.