PDA

View Full Version : Attention: Elephant

J ZEP
11-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Hi Tony :-), I was wondering if you (Or anybody else that may know) could please help me out with a small query...
In the post below you refered to "Ghost", compliments of PCWorld.
Could you please tell me which issue it was in? if possible, as i have looked through the PCW Index and stilll can't find it ?:|.
I would really like to give this program a try;-), so any help you can provide would be appreciated :-).

Ghost (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=51008)

Cheers

Elephant
11-09-2004, 03:44 PM
I don't think you will find it on the Magazine CDs. I received my copy as a prize.

J ZEP
12-09-2004, 10:17 AM
:8} Aahh of course, a prize. I was pretty sure it wouldn't have been on the pcw cd, so you had me a little confused;-), but thought perhaps i had missed a trial version or something, however unlikely. As i wouldn't mind giving it a go before buying it.

Cheers :-)

Just out of interest Tony, can you "Ghost" to dvd as well as cd? I presume you could?

Exwesty
12-09-2004, 11:29 AM
If you set up a batch file and specify the parameters you want you could create say a 4.3 Gb ghost file on some spare hard drive space and then burn the result to DVD. I have done the similar on my system using just a CD writer and I get 3 image files to span across 3 CD's.

Mzee
12-09-2004, 02:44 PM
You can download 'Norton Ghost' (a Kiwi programme) from Symantec but they need to be paid first.

There is an alternative by Power Quest 'Drive Image 2002' whic I use. I downloaded from the web, I don't know where from. It works in all Windows and Dos.

I believe that Symantec have taken over Power Quest so one of these utilities will probably be scrapped.