PDA

View Full Version : Printer offline ?

09-07-2000, 03:06 PM
I have setup a home network mainly in order to use Win98SE Internet Connection Sharing. This is now working. My main printer is a Canon Bubble Jet ( 7100) and is attached physically to the PC I call 'server'. The clients can share files Ok, but even though the server can print locally Ok, the clients see the printer as 'offline' even when it isn't. Clicking the offline option results in an error about the network not working properly. I can print from the server to the clients using other printers connected to those machines. I have yet to physically drag the 7100 to one of the clients to try it out.

When the network was setup initially the server printer was available and worked from the clients, but during the re-booting and reinstalls of ICS and various network settings I seem to have lost it, or the registry has become convinced the printer is offline for some reason.

I have reinstalled drivers and the whole network a few times without any change. Do you have any ideas ?

selvamkumar
27-07-2005, 05:33 PM
have setup a home network mainly in order to use Win98SE Internet Connection Sharing. This is now working. My main printer is a Canon Bubble Jet ( 7100) and is attached physically to the PC I call 'server'. The clients can share files Ok, but even though the server can print locally Ok, the clients see the printer as 'offline' even when it isn't. Clicking the offline option results in an error about the network not working properly. I can print from the server to the clients using other printers connected to those machines. I have yet to physically drag the 7100 to one of the clients to try it out.

When the network was setup initially the server printer was available and worked from the clients, but during the re-booting and reinstalls of ICS and various network settings I seem to have lost it, or the registry has become convinced the printer is offline for some reason.

I have reinstalled drivers and the whole network a few times without any change. Do you have any ideas ?

selvamkumar
27-07-2005, 05:34 PM
have setup a home network mainly in order to use Win98SE Internet Connection Sharing. This is now working. My main printer is a Canon Bubble Jet ( 7100) and is attached physically to the PC I call 'server'. The clients can share files Ok, but even though the server can print locally Ok, the clients see the printer as 'offline' even when it isn't. Clicking the offline option results in an error about the network not working properly. I can print from the server to the clients using other printers connected to those machines. I have yet to physically drag the 7100 to one of the clients to try it out.

pl give to me any idea.s or solutions