PDA

View Full Version : hidden things

nzace
08-09-2004, 11:18 PM
Hi where do you find hidden files etc. When I am running "spybot"I see all of these file names whizzing by,like "bonzibuddy, gater and others that I didnt put there.I would like to be able to delete them if I could only find them.Help...

metla
08-09-2004, 11:21 PM
You sure thats not the list of things its checking for?

If it was finding them they would show up on the list of nasties to remove.

Anyhow,grab Crap-cleaner to remove all the junk off ya comp.

Laura
08-09-2004, 11:31 PM
I had just answered the other version of this double post - with similar sentiments (though naturally not expressed as colourfully as metla)
And my gist was the same, nzace..
These aren't your hidden files. They're nasties Spybot is checking for.
They're what you DON'T want it to find at the end of the test.

Vince
09-09-2004, 03:32 AM
> Hi where do you find hidden files etc. When I am
> running "spybot"I see all of these file names
> whizzing by,like "bonzibuddy, gater and others that I
> didnt put there.I would like to be able to delete
> them if I could only find them.Help...

Here are a couple of freeware programs that will help you deal with progrems, etc which you may not want.
Morespace, This program lists files and, or folders in order of size. It cleans up temp folders and other unnessicary disk clutter and gives control over startup items. Not just the ones in the startup folder, and more. It is shareware, but works without a license.
http://www.contactplus.com/products/morspc/index.htm

RegCleaner Free, also known as RegSupreme; Not the MS 'Regclean'.

"RegCleaner shows you the list of software that are registered in the registry and by checking checkboxes you select which software you donīt have anymore and RegCleaner removes all registry created by those programs automatically.

You can also remove start up programs that are started behind your back and can dramatically decrease your computerīs performance. "
Vince