PDA

View Full Version : audiophile soundcar problem installing

kali yuga
08-09-2004, 04:27 PM
I cant install my new audiophile soundcard. First I used the The driver cd that came with it, but an error message saying the data was invalid came up and the soundcard couldnt be installed , so I went to the website and downloaded the newest drivers but am getting the same message. THe new hardware wizard finds a new "multimedia audio controller" and now knows it as the audiophile but no matter what I do with the install wizard it just wont install.
any suggestions?
(using xp, removed the creative soundcard first but am not sure how to check that the old drivers for that are gone)

kali yuga
08-09-2004, 04:57 PM
further to above...
I have located some soundblaster software in add and remove programs but " an installation support file was not found, access denied . would it be safe to just remove this manually?
Also the error codes in the device manager say code 1: device is not configured correctly and code 10: cannot start.
any clues?

Spacemannz
08-09-2004, 05:25 PM
The data is invalid error usually happens with PCI cards. Its a registry permission problem, with XP.

You have to manually go here. And may also have to go here for any future installs of PCI cards. Until you reformat. Then this prob may disappear.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\P CI

Then you have to select whatever under here (the entries starting with VEN, till you find the entry of the card.

When u find it, highlight the entry on the left, right mouse button, permssions/ select allow full control. Quit regedit. Then reboot. Then
it SHOULD work.

kali yuga
08-09-2004, 06:28 PM
YES YES YES!
THANKS SO MUCH spaceman, that worked a treat.
This forum is great

Spacemannz
08-09-2004, 06:34 PM
No worries Kali :) HTH

I used to have the same prob when I first installed XP. It disappeared after I formatted the hard drive a few years later.

And has been OK since without this error popping up.