PDA

View Full Version : Xtra Charges

c_sinclair
08-09-2004, 12:24 PM
Does anyone know if you get charged for changing xtra plans? As I want to change from the flatrate to the Xtra Prepay 2hrs monthly plan because I'm moving flat for 2 months due to renovations and I am not getting the line connected in my temporary flat due to costs, and i want to keep my xtra account activated, so thought why pay full costs for the plan i wont use, so going on the lowest one possible which is 2hrs a month for $5...fine by me for 2 months as I'll be accesing the net from town once a week.

But does it cost to change plans as I emailed xtra 2 weeks ago and i've not heard back....
If it does state on the pages that it costs..then I apologise in advance for being blind...but I cant see anything on any page...

KatiMike
08-09-2004, 12:41 PM
I recently downgraded my xtra dial-up from unlimited to prepay 10hrs per month [ just to keep the dialup account "live"] and I wasn't charged any fee for doing so . Looking at there site I also can't see any mention of a fee for changing plans , only a "joining fee" . Hope the renovations go well !!!

Spartacus
08-09-2004, 01:48 PM
I'd suggest calling them - 0800 116 110 - they've been more than helpful on the recent occasions I've had to call them. In fact, I went the other way (prepaid to unlimited) and they changed it over the phone, explained the pro-rata REFUND I'd be getting, and detailed the exact amounts I'd see on my next bill.

No worries.

S

~~~~~ s y ~~~~~
08-09-2004, 05:05 PM
> I'd suggest calling them - 0800 116 110 - they've

Unforunately, Chris is deaf, hence unable to 'listen' on the telephone. Chris, I suggest you get someone to ring on your behalf if you are able to get hold of one.

c_sinclair
08-09-2004, 05:13 PM
thanks sy for saying :)
since your pretty much unknown about the charges I've just sent off another email to xtra and if they dont reply by next wednesday dad is gonna ring when he gets back from australia. Im not moving out till next friday anyway so 1.5 weeks to get this sorted..

I'm in a way thinking..are they not replying coz they'd lose a few bucks a month from me lol...

antmannz
08-09-2004, 05:15 PM
It's been a while since I worked there, but the only time they would charge was if people made more than one change in a month.

drb1
08-09-2004, 05:23 PM
> It's been a while since I worked there, but the only
> time they would charge was if people made more than
> one change in a month.

Brave man you are.

antmannz
08-09-2004, 05:31 PM
It was a long time ago ... at least 5 years

drb1
08-09-2004, 06:02 PM
Evaryone has to eat, I wont hold it against you, but I will fight with you for days on principle, then buy you beer.

Others here?