PDA

View Full Version : ISP Outages

scott.walters
08-09-2004, 10:53 AM
Hi there: For the last two nights I have been unable to dial in to Clear, Paradise or Freenet. Monday night, I think Clear said they had problems with modem banks and were swapping part out.

Last night things seemed really good until about 830 and then things died. I finally got back in to Paradise at about 1040pm at a reduced speed. Clear did not come back at all for me before bed time.

The Clear Net status message, on both nights said users in the 03 and 06 areas might be experiencing congestion issues. When I got through to the Help Desk they said that another team was looking at the problem and thought it might be a cabling problem as a result of the earthquake???

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Is it a general geographic problem or might it be worth shifting ISP's again?

zeph53nz
08-09-2004, 11:01 AM
Now I know why I thought I had a modem problem Monday night, and yes we did have and earthquake here in the Eastern Bay of Plenty, one very sharp jault, at first I thought that something had hit the buillding I was working in.

tweak\'e
08-09-2004, 11:07 AM
had the same with paradise, constant busy signal most of the night and when i did get on it was very slow :(. seems ok at the mo tho so it looks like its fixed.

Chris Randal
08-09-2004, 11:26 AM
I was on Paradise last night from 1830 to 1845 and 2225 to about 2245 - no problems with connection or speed.

whiskeytangofoxtrot
08-09-2004, 11:37 AM
> When I got through to the Help
> Desk they said that another team was looking at the
> problem and thought it might be a cabling problem as
> a result of the earthquake???

Bwahahahaha......