PDA

View Full Version : Mazilla Firefox page settings.

Mzee
07-09-2004, 02:13 PM
With Opera there is a choice for "open a new page" and "use existing page".

How can I get Mazilla to stop collecting pages?
When I load a new page I want the old one deleted (it will be in the cache if I need it).
I get tired of having to close a stack of pages before starting on a new site.

tommy
07-09-2004, 04:23 PM
Go to Tools, Extensions, Get More Extensions and go to the Tabbed Browsing section. Find the Tabbrowser Preferences, install and change the settings in Tools, Options, General, Tabbed Browsing Options to load links in current tab. Experiment with the settings until you have it as you prefer.

merlin-nz
07-09-2004, 04:45 PM
Here's one for u tommy, In Opera one could either have the Address Bar at the top of the screen or the bottom.

Now after a couple of years I have got used to it at the bottom, in FireFox 0.9 is there a setting to change this, cause have not been able to find one.

No big deal just what one gets used to I suppose.

cheers merlin-nz ;-)

PS Sorry to high jack this thread. :D

antmannz
07-09-2004, 04:48 PM
TabBrowser extensions available here (http://white.sakura.ne.jp/~piro/xul/_tabextensions.html.en#download).

tommy
07-09-2004, 05:12 PM
>Go to Tools, Extensions, Get More Extensions and go to the Tabbed Browsing section. Find the Tabbrowser Preferences

I should have mentioned that you may need to change the version of Firefox on the Extension page to your current version as the default appears to be version 1.0 which does not list very many extensions.

tommy
07-09-2004, 05:19 PM
merlin-nz - I do not have the extension on the page that antmannz posted a link for but to get Firefox tabs at the bottom of the page like Opera you can easily add a couple of lines to the userChrome.css file.
Go to your C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default.xxx\chrome folder and create a new text file with the name userChrome.css (Note that you will need to have Hidden Files on view).
In that text file paste the following two lines:

/* Display the tabbar at the bottom */

#content > tabbox {-moz-box-direction: reverse;}

Save your file, exit Firefox, restart and your tabs should now be at the bottom of the page.
Other customisations can be made with this file. More information is available here. (http://flii.us/myworks/phoenix/pages/chrome.html)

antmannz
07-09-2004, 05:38 PM
Merlin

Your tab bar can be moved to the bottom of the browser, but the address bar currently cannot. It is planned for a future release, although there may be a possible (buggy) way to do this - see comment #13 at the link below.
More details here. (http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=172818)

merlin-nz
07-09-2004, 08:53 PM
Thanks guys,

Tommy: not bothered about the Tabs there are where I want them it was the Address Bar, But antmannz is on to it.

Antmannz: ta very much for the info but I'll leave any developing to the developers. It's no big problem I'll just wait a while As the saying goes [All good things take time] or something like that.

cheers merlin-nz ;-)