PDA

View Full Version : OT: Amazon seller finally responds!

Spencer
07-09-2004, 09:47 AM
Well, after several emails being totally ignored, I threatened to post seriously negative and detailed comments about their appalling lack of response etc. Boy did that get a fast reply!! They claimed that third-world mail systems can't be tracked (obviously don't know where NZ is) so they are sending a new CD pronto. I won't hold my breath.

Spence

(New post because the old one was polluted by various idiots and jerks)

drb1
07-09-2004, 08:31 PM
> Well, after several emails being totally ignored, I
> threatened to post seriously negative and detailed
> comments about their appalling lack of response etc.
> Boy did that get a fast reply!! They claimed that
> third-world mail systems can't be tracked (obviously
> don't know where NZ is) so they are sending a new CD
> pronto. I won't hold my breath.
>
> Spence
>
> (New post because the old one was polluted by various
> idiots and jerks)

N Z post Does have a Bad international reputation for looooooseing stuff.

Anything we get from Thailand has to go in trackpack or we never see it, maybe the puppies like the taste of Thai paper.

Billy T
08-09-2004, 09:19 AM
From a recent experience, it seems that domestic mail can sometimes be a lottery too:

I receive an A4 envelope in the mail each week from a business colleague in Hamilton. One recent delivery took three attempts to find my post office box, despite being clearly and correctly adressed to both my company name and the box number in large letters that a myopic rhinoceros could read at 50 paces. It was sent back to Hamilton twice, marked "not known at this P.O. (or something similarly unbelievable) and my colleague returned it marked "Try again".

To be fair though, that is a rare occurrence and I don't often have mail problems.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Murray P
08-09-2004, 10:07 AM
> They claimed that third-world mail systems can't be tracked

Third world!!! Ignorant septic jerk X-(

Cheers Murray P

Pete O\'Neil
08-09-2004, 10:11 AM
Isnt New Zealands postal service widely regarded as one of the best in the world? I know the GM of the South Auckland Mail Centre and he recently got back from Iran where he was helping to setup their new postal system. Iran wouldnt want somebody from a crappy mail service helping to build their new system would they.

metla
08-09-2004, 10:13 AM
Maybe they didn't but he was all they could afford?

lmao,don't tell him i said that.

Pete O\'Neil
08-09-2004, 10:26 AM
> Maybe they didn't but he was all they could afford?
>
> lmao,don't tell him i said that.

I guess it is south auckland after all, maybe they thought coming from south auckland he'd be use to the gun fire and fighting ;)

Murray P
08-09-2004, 10:30 AM
Yup, queite a few countries have contracted NZ Post to set up or improve their mail systems. AFAIK they have set up a business unit to do this.

Hang on, maybe the E-Bay septic has a point, perhaps I've been too harsh. NZ Post has been setting up mail systems for third world countries, we assume that is to make them 1st world systems but maybe they have been applying NZ standards and coming up with 3rd world systems :p

Cheers Murray ;P

John Budd
08-09-2004, 10:41 AM
Have you checked with NZ Post Customs section. Being from Thailand it could have been held up for inspection.

Billy T
08-09-2004, 10:46 AM
Actually, I think our mail systems are pretty highly rated. We certainly don't lose mail very often, though the odd postie probably still plays odds & evens, which delays residential delivery by one day.

I am surprised that the seller thought we didn't have or couldn't cope with tracking systems though, NZ Post can track outbound international mail every step of the way.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

whiskeytangofoxtrot
08-09-2004, 12:40 PM
Might pay to give TV One and TV Three a call - you might be able to get a spot on the news or perhaps Holmes about this momentous occasion.

Nyet
08-09-2004, 01:03 PM
> Might pay to give TV One and TV Three a call - you might be able to get a spot on the news or perhaps Holmes about this momentous occasion.

Rofl, so true.

drb1
08-09-2004, 05:14 PM
> > They claimed that third-world mail systems can't
> be tracked
>
> Third world!!! Ignorant septic jerk X-(
>
> Cheers Murray P

In the 60 NZ was at the top of the O.E.C.D nation rankings in: Health, Education, basic living standards.

Reality check, today we retain our O.E.C.D. status on the chariy of the U.S and UK.

I you wish to change world "perception". Talk to your "Politicians" VERY firmly.

drb1
08-09-2004, 05:17 PM
> Have you checked with NZ Post Customs section. Being
> from Thailand it could have been held up for
> inspection.

Forever, including the ones I personally: addressed, paid for, and counter posted in Changmai?

TonyF
08-09-2004, 05:31 PM
I
NZ
> Post can track outbound international mail every step
> of the way.

Well, almost .. I had a long debate with them when a registered packet vanished between Wgtn Airport and the Mail Centre at Petone. The Tracking folk were able to tell me precisely where and when it vanished, but there was no investigation as to where it had got to. They finally admitted that the great tracking system ( ex Oracle) did not have a system for firing off alarms when something became untracked. And they could not do anything about investigating where it went.
This was 4 years ago. Still the same ?
Tony

Murray P
08-09-2004, 05:51 PM
> I you wish to change world "perception". Talk to your "Politicians" VERY
> firmly.

Will they listen though, do you think if I hold my breath they will take notice? or will that just save this forum from being further blighted by my presence.

Do you think the captains of commerce and industry would also deserve a good ear bashing from your's truly. Maybe they are too busy telling the politicians what to do for either to have time to listen to their constituents and consumers, besides, they both have marketing departments for such menial tasks.

Cheers Murray P

drb1
08-09-2004, 05:59 PM
Murray,

This Forum is not Blighted by your presence,

Will the politico's or big bissios listen.

As long as thier all right.

NOT A F.C.

Spencer
08-09-2004, 06:19 PM
I guess I asked for that!:^O I put up a new post because the old one was polluted, and this one has developed into a debate about the quality and performance of NZ Post. You just have to love the way these posts wander, two pointless swipes posted by the katzenjammer kids excepted.

I think I'll put up a third when the CD finally arrives and see what happens to that one. :D

Spence

drb1
08-09-2004, 09:42 PM
> I guess I asked for that!:^O I put up a new post
> because the old one was polluted, and this one has
> developed into a debate about the quality and
> performance of NZ Post. You just have to love the way
> these posts wander, two pointless swipes posted by
> the katzenjammer kids excepted.
>
> I think I'll put up a third when the CD finally
> arrives and see what happens to that one. :D
>
> Spence

I could have said if you hang your private parts out, To a foriegn private seller on mail order, and he cuts them off, dont come crying here.

Growly
08-09-2004, 09:55 PM
>Third world!!! Ignorant septic jerk

Wasn't our own forever knowledgable media telling us that we were third world?

Spencer
08-09-2004, 10:27 PM
> I could have said if you hang your private parts out,
> To a foriegn private seller on mail order, and he
> cuts them off, dont come crying here.

Settle down drb1ler, nobody is crying, least of all me, and I only posted the OT to keep people aware that internet purchases don't always go as planned. My financial exposure was minimal and they are shipping a replacement anyway. BTW, it is not a private seller and I never said it was, it is a regular Amazon retailer and I don't think Amazon even accepts private sellers. Best you read posts carefully before replying. Incidentally, saying you could have said something and then actually saying it anyway is a bit of a non sequitur isn't it? ]:)

Spence

Nyet
08-09-2004, 10:43 PM
> drb1ler

:^O I was thinkin the same thing.

drb1
08-09-2004, 11:12 PM
drb1 is a human gene, and spencer I posted for the same reason you did,

I ran something else for that reason also.

drb, I new it would be suffixed when the forum added the 1, so what.

whiskeytangofoxtrot
08-09-2004, 11:20 PM
> drb1 is a human gene

Hmm... associated with arthritis and stomach cancer... conincidence?

drb1
08-09-2004, 11:22 PM
Arthritis I have, Stomach cancer my grandmother died of hum.

Nyet
08-09-2004, 11:24 PM
> drb1 is a human gene

>> Hmm... associated with arthritis and stomach cancer... conincidence?

:^O :^O :^O :^O WTF

whiskeytangofoxtrot
08-09-2004, 11:31 PM
> >> Hmm... associated with arthritis and stomach
> cancer... conincidence?
>
> :^O :^O :^O :^O WTF

No need to laugh, I didn't mean to mistype coincidence. :D

If someone in power happens to grace this thread (though God only knows why) this forum is sorely lacking an EDIT POST OPTION

Spencer
09-09-2004, 09:17 AM
> I posted for the same reason you did,
>
> I ran something else for that reason also.

It still doesn't make any more sense to me drb, honestly it doesn't, I can't see the relevance of using unrelated expressions and why the gene explanation? Was that necessary? Absolutely no offence intended, and no hidden barbs either, I just couldn't follow your plot.

Anyway, I ordered another CD title via Amazon last night (from a different seller) so I'm all agog to see if it arrives before the promised replacement from the other shower! Makes dreary days more interesting and doesn't damage your life expectancy as much as Russian Roulette.:D

Spence

Pete O\'Neil
09-09-2004, 09:37 AM
> If someone in power happens to grace this thread
> (though God only knows why) this forum is sorely
> lacking an EDIT POST OPTION
Oh god yes, PressF1 needs to change over to vBulletin or phpBB it would make life so much easier. As far as im aware phpBB is open source aswell so it wouldnt cost much and its based on php so it wouldnt be hard to code (im sure a few forum members could even help out if required).

Biggles
09-09-2004, 09:50 AM
Guys - no argument from me on that. But sadly, it isn't in my hands. We have a big list of things we want done with the PCW sites, and post editing, private messaging and other enhancements are on the list for F1. But I have no time table for when it might happen.

drb1
10-09-2004, 02:58 AM
I can't see the relevance of
> using unrelated expressions and why the gene
> explanation? Was that necessary? Absolutely no
> offence intended, and no hidden barbs either, I just
> couldn't follow your plot.
>
> Anyway, I ordered another CD title via Amazon last
> night (from a different seller) so I'm all agog to
> see if it arrives before the promised replacement
> from the other shower! Makes dreary days more
> interesting and doesn't damage your life expectancy
> as much as Russian Roulette.:D
>
> Spence

I answered two post in one. (perhaps not wise) the gene post was not directed at you, nor was the cancer.

I will try not to get into personal junk like that.

I can not understand if you are really having trouble on amazon or ( the thing about the kids?) winding.

If you have genuinley ordered more product I hope post dont lose it, can they put t/trace tag on it.

Did you pay by card, you can hold the funds release to the first seller untill it is sorted if you did.

D.

drb1
10-09-2004, 04:34 AM
> Guys - no argument from me on that. But sadly, it
> isn't in my hands. We have a big list of things we
> want done with the PCW sites, and post editing,
> private messaging and other enhancements are on the
> list for F1. But I have no time table for when it
> might happen.

Would not a definitions/glossary be cheaper, slightly more useful, and easier to get.

bit like this stolen one.

Bios Basic Input/Output System.Software that determines what a computer can do without accessing programs. Your BIOS has the information to control the keyboard, screen, drives, serial communications, and other functions. BIOS is typically built into a ROM chip installed on the motherboard.

broadband High speed internet access via cable lines or ADSL phone lines.

BSOD Blue Screen of Death, when the Windows OS continually blue screens and you cannot do anything to fix this.

Spencer
10-09-2004, 09:41 AM
My apologies drb, I didn't mean to confuse.

> I answered two post in one. (perhaps not wise) the
> gene post was not directed at you, nor was the cancer.

> I will try not to get into personal junk like that.

Sorry, I didn't realise you answered two in one.

> I can not understand if you are really having trouble
> on amazon or ( the thing about the kids?) winding.

This is a genuine post, the kid's reference was to the childish individuals who insist on posting inane and irrelevant comments. I genuinely do have a long-delayed Amazon shipment.

> If you have genuinely ordered more product I hope
> post dont lose it, can they put t/trace tag on it.

The new shipment is an entirely different product from another Amazon seller, not an attempt to second-source the missing title. I wasn't going to let one hiccup stop me adding to my CD collection.
>
> Did you pay by card, you can hold the funds release
> to the first seller untill it is sorted if you did.

I always pay by card, and yes I know I can recover my money if the goods don't arrive. However, it was the ultimate threat of adverse customer comments that induced them to come to the party with a replacement.

My guess is that they shipped the original package surface instead of airmail (as previously agreed) so I may end up with two. That leaves me with a conundrum: if I get two, do I post the extra copy back, thus incurring further costs or do I just keep it. Right now my ethics say the cost of posting back is insignificant in relation to the need to keep my conscience clean. Thank you for your courteous explanation and advice.

Spence

Pete O\'Neil
10-09-2004, 10:03 AM
> Would not a definitions/glossary be cheaper, slightly
> more useful, and easier to get.

drb1 how many other forums have you used? You may noticed that PressF1 isnt exactly the flashest, granted its far better than the old forum. What we have is a great resource, and beggers cant be choosers, but if and when we get an upgrade (hopefully to something like vbBulletin or phpBB) it will make things much easier and make the resource far more accessable. I think the majority of users would prefer a forum upgrade over a glossary.

Theres no reason why a glossary couldnt be written as part of the FAQ section, a quick google search would also bring up tonnes and tonnes of other glossaries. Perhaps you could write one? ;)

drb1
10-09-2004, 07:34 PM
Peter,

I could, there are a couple of other things I would like to see written first, that I need some help with, I am working on this now. In more than one place,

Do you not have,Word, O/office, with a spell checker that checks the whole page without reloading it.

Not being able to Edit posts, Will cause the realistic to have a second look/think, before pressing, post message.

It is not necessarily a bad thing.