PDA

View Full Version : WMP10 - Is it good?

HadO
06-09-2004, 03:41 PM
Has anyone got Windows Media Player 10 yet?

Anyone tried out the HD files on it with a mid range pc?

Do they really need the 2.4-3.0 GHz CPU as specced?

Spacemannz
06-09-2004, 05:14 PM
Umm this is the site for it. BUT you need XP or higher as shown here

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/readme.aspx#System

The system requirements are under system requirements link on the site.

HadO
06-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Yeah thanks.

I downloaded it and dont see a lot of difference from 9 - the DVD playback still sux (bad quality video and not as dynamic DD sound) - or maybe its just the compatibility with my SW DVD player.

Im just wondering if anyone with a decent connection has got it and tried out the HD file samples.

See here >> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/content_provider/film/ContentShowcase.aspx

Spacemannz
06-09-2004, 05:45 PM
What SW DVD player have u got?? It works fine here DVD. BUT I dont usually use WMP to play DVD. I use either PowerDVD or DVDXPlayer.

I dont really see any point in using WMP for DVD if u have a program that plays DVD.

I havent got a decent connection to test it ONLY 56k LOL.

jackyht
06-09-2004, 06:23 PM
i think it sux.. no much differences. in the old version, at least it can change the colour of the media player, in this one, i don't think i can see the place where i can change of the colour of the media player

Jacky

willie_M
06-09-2004, 06:56 PM
>Is it good?

Like any microsoft product... no.

the responses recieved here have proved that.

Spacemannz
06-09-2004, 06:57 PM
You mean skins?

View / skin chooser. The skins are there.

Or this? Its in the help file

To change the color of the Player

On the View menu, point to Enhancements, and then click Color Chooser.
Move the color attribute sliders as appropriate.

Baldy
06-09-2004, 07:32 PM
> >Is it good?
>
> Like any microsoft product... no.
>
> the responses recieved here have proved that.

They've prooved nothing at all. If it had a different brand name people would rave about it

metla
06-09-2004, 10:39 PM
I doubt it,if it had another name no one would have it,its getting worse with each new release,They did hit a sweet spot a few releases back but have since moved futher into the realms of what they want you to do with it rather then what makes agood media player.

It will soon be placing more restrictions on media we already have,media we may purchase and how and where we source such material.

MS are looking at revenue,at restricting users so they have to pay microsoft,Users just want to play their music

lagbort
06-09-2004, 11:09 PM
i honestly think this is the best version yet, it loads faster, looks slicker and sounds better than any previous version, i very happily changed to this from wmp9, it also rips music waaaaay faster than version 9 did

in short i would rather use this than any other mp3 player out there, especially winamp

willie_M
08-09-2004, 01:53 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^EMPLOYED BY MICROSLOP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:D

drb1
08-09-2004, 02:04 AM
>They did
> hit a sweet spot a few releases back but have since
> moved futher into the realms of what they want you to
> do with it rather then what makes agood media
> player.
>
> It will soon be placing more restrictions on media we
> already have,media we may purchase and how and where
> we source such material.
>
> MS are looking at revenue,at restricting users so
> they have to pay microsoft,Users just want to play
> their music

Would that be around 8 (Early)?

The rest, True, True, True, Since when did M/S care about what users really want.

Biggles
08-09-2004, 10:00 AM
>^^^^^^^^^^^EMPLOYED BY MICROSLOP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't be an idiot. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and entitled to express it without having someone insult them like that. Is that clear?

enceladus
08-09-2004, 11:37 AM
I would have to agree.

The great internet hypocrisy seems to be that anyone who is regarded as an evangelist for MS is hounded while someone who says the only way to fix your problem with Win XP is to format you HD and install Linux is lauded.

Hopeless
08-09-2004, 02:01 PM
I find such a divergence of opinion confusing. I know I'm easily confused.
But what free program would you recommend to replace WMP?

With thanks,
Hopeless.

metla
08-09-2004, 02:09 PM
> I find such a divergence of opinion confusing.

this happens in every thread,but if your baisicly happy with wmp then keep usin it.

i use cdex for ripping,dvd software for viewing movies and let wmp play the mp3's.

Murray P
08-09-2004, 03:07 PM
Look to the EULA, additional software requirements/dependencies and remote connections to find *cough* improvements.

While I don't agree with a particular response that has already been dealt with I think someone's been reading up on marketing techniques or political campaigns:

> The great internet hypocrisy seems to be that anyone who is regarded as
> an evangelist for MS is hounded while someone who says the only way to
> fix your problem with Win XP is to format you HD and install Linux is lauded.

Specious statement which is just as insulting in its own way as the aforementioned, hitherto dealt with, IMO.

Cheers Murray P

FeuerBrennt
08-09-2004, 03:12 PM
I don't really care what kind of mp3, wma, wave... etc player is available, as long as hifi sound comes out of the speakers then 'SWEET AS BRO!!!'

willie_M
09-09-2004, 12:15 AM
>Is that clear?
Whoa, easy boss... didn't mean to offend anyone.