PDA

View Full Version : Hide Recipient Address Only

CJ Knight
06-09-2004, 09:13 AM
In the past I have received emails where my *name* is listed in the "c.c." field, but the actual email *address* is not available, i.e. if you click on the name you don't see an actual email address, just the name. Can this be done in Outlook Express ??? Can't find anything in the "help" file. Or is this only possible in another program ???

Thanks
CJ

Spacemannz
06-09-2004, 09:28 AM
If you go to create mail then select View / all headers Bcc will appear and CC above it. I assume it's bcc you're looking for. For this to happen as per you post. Thats what bcc does I think.

tbacon_nz
06-09-2004, 09:44 AM
What happens if you right-click on the name and choose "properties"?

tbacon_nz
06-09-2004, 09:51 AM
I've just re-read your post, and what you want to do is to create a name in that form, right?

Go to Tools|Address Book and create a new entry. When you have saved it you can then create an email and use that name by selecting it from the address book. I think you ought to be able to just type in the name and OE will find the entry, but that didn't work for me just now. I know that works in Outlook 2000.

HTH

Tony Bacon

drcspy
06-09-2004, 10:22 AM
test it by sending yourself an email :-) ...

Spacemannz
06-09-2004, 10:35 AM
bcc shows to undisclosed recipients in an email. It DOESN'T list the people you've sent it to. If u use bcc.

It still SHOWS your email (the person who sent it), under properties of the email tho.

CJ Knight
06-09-2004, 11:05 AM
Hi Spacemannz,

I want names of the recipients to show in the cc list, but not their email addresses. BCC will not show who has received the email.

Thanks
CJ

Spacemannz
06-09-2004, 11:14 AM
I think Outlook Express will give u 1 of 2 options.

1. cc Shows the emails and the people u send emails to

2. bcc. Doesnt show the emails or names. (undisclosed recipients).

If you want to know WHO has read the email, then u go to Tools/options/receipts / tick the 1st option then either the 1st/2nd/3rd option under that.

tbacon_nz
06-09-2004, 01:10 PM
>I want names of the recipients to show in the cc list, but not their email addresses. BCC will not show who has received the email.

I assume you are talking about when the emails are received by the bunch of people you are sending to?

If you are trying to keep the recipient email addresses secret, I don't think you can do that - see my earlier post. You just have to right-click and look at properties and the email address is revealed. The only way to have any privacy is to use bcc, then only the recipient email address is available.

Tony Bacon