PDA

View Full Version : Anyone for a Gmail invite?

bRaZZiN
05-09-2004, 06:08 PM
I've invited all of my friends to gmail... and I just keep getting these darned invites. Anyone wanna help me get rid of them? I've got five to give away.

Give me your current email address and your first and last name, and I'll give you an invite. Fair enough? I sure hope so :)

bRaZZiN
05-09-2004, 07:07 PM
Hmmm... I thought there would be a bit more of excitement over this topic... A couple of months ago, people were falling over themselves to get one.

Ah well. In fact, forget the "leave your email address here" part, just drop me a line at brazzin [at] gmail.com if you want one. Reply to this post if you want one though - I don't want to have 200 emails tommorrow :P .

Jen C
05-09-2004, 07:15 PM
> Hmmm... I thought there would be a bit more of
> excitement over this topic... A couple of months
> ago, people were falling over themselves to get one.

A couple of months ago, gmail invites were only issued very occasionally and in small numbers so were much harder to come by. Gmail is now handing them out like candy to everyone who has an account (you can also see this by the huge number of invites that people are offering for grabs the last week or so here). They must be getting ready to leave the Beta stage of it.

I think the market has been flooded for invites :D

bRaZZiN
05-09-2004, 07:21 PM
Yeah, it makes me wonder though - there still seems to be quite a few features that are being cleaned up. I still reckon that it'll be reasonable amount of time yet, before Gmail is opened to the public.

Definitely a great marketing ploy though... making people feel exclusive for having an account then give away invites - Me, I can see Gmail taking over Hotmail pretty darn soon.

Growly
05-09-2004, 07:36 PM
Not untill they enable POP3 and IMAP access.

POTUS
06-09-2004, 01:11 PM
> Not untill they enable POP3 and IMAP access.

That would defeat the purpose or having so much storage space. If you're going to download your email using POP3 or IMAP you don't need a gig of storage. I have moved away from Outlook almost entirely because I can access all my email (past and present) from anywhere.

I just wish that it could sync with my Pocket PC :(

tukapa1
06-09-2004, 01:14 PM
Yes please. Would like a g-mai linvite if you still have any. Addy is tukapa at hotmail dot com. Thanks. Craig.

POTUS
06-09-2004, 01:17 PM
I've just sent you one - enjoy :)

yingxuan
06-09-2004, 03:36 PM
I've run out of invite but my friend wants one.Does anybody have any left?

His name Kaho
Surname is Yu

Email is kaho_kaho@hellokitty.com

Please send him an invite right now if possible

Thanks

POTUS
06-09-2004, 03:40 PM
> I've run out of invite but my friend wants one.Does
> anybody have any left?
>
> His name Kaho
> Surname is Yu