PDA

View Full Version : Reinstall outlook, format disk

Hotkiwi
05-09-2004, 12:11 AM
Dear friends,
I ahev problems with windows xp and will reinstall it, immeditely in the same move SP2. Now, my disk contains partitions C ( Windows XP and Office) and E (all other prorams) and F (only data). So I backup my essential files from C and with what command do I format only C?? Simply format c: or some parameters with it?
Firthermore, I backed up outlook.pst ( a 1.5 GIG file !), does that contain all my email folders?

Cheers guys

Johan

Mike
05-09-2004, 12:17 AM
All your email folders etc. should be in that PST unless you have created other PSTs at times and stored them elsewhere.

During the XP install it'll ask you what drive you want to format - just tell it to format C: and you should be fine. It always pays to do a backup though. Remember that many (if not all) programs will require a reinstall after Windows is reinstalled anyway.

Mike.

Hotkiwi
05-09-2004, 12:23 AM
thanks Mike!
So I clean up my c: drive and then reinstall (complete reinstall) XP
No need to use format:\s or whatever as in earlier days

Cheers

Johan

Mike
05-09-2004, 12:25 AM
Just make sure you specify to format C: and not just install on the existing partition, else you'll probably inherit any problems you might already have :)

Mike.

Hotkiwi
05-09-2004, 12:33 AM
Thanks, hold my breath, gonna do it now.......

If there is no answer in 48 hours something went wrong and I jumped from the harbour bridge.......... ;-)