PDA

View Full Version : F.A.Q. Hidden Where

drb1
04-09-2004, 04:21 AM
Hit the link to F.A.Q. there are five pages of them. Reading posts' and threads'. There are more.

Where do they hide? Why do they hide? Why are they not in one continuous Index? Is the Index hidden? I.E. the original #666.

Are the knowledgeable hiding their Trinkets?

An the talk on the street ses you might go, solo.

Earnie Moore
04-09-2004, 07:21 AM
You say the index is there, but you can not get to read the FAQ?

Like the saying goes "the lights are on, but there is no one at home"

drb1
04-09-2004, 03:10 PM
> You say the index is there, but you can not get to
> read the FAQ?
>
> Like the saying goes "the lights are on, but there is
> no one at home"
>
I said W.T.F. is the index?

Some people enjoy hiding them illogically. So they can laugh as others look for them logically. Same type of people who feed their sick self esteem and ego by wriring R.T.F.M. ( Dont have the brains to at least add the page number or command clue) that may help some one, cant do that, can we.
>
>
>

Laura
04-09-2004, 04:07 PM
drb1:
When I hit the FAQ button at top right of the page, I get a list of about 60 FAQs.
Some are numbered, some aren't - and no, they're not in any particular order and the older ones load slowly ( a continual source of complaints)
But it's what I'd call an index, as it shows you which topics have a FAQ.
Don't know why your machine is hiding it from you. What link are you using?

Graham L
04-09-2004, 04:08 PM
What are you talking about drb1 ?

Click on the FAQ button. That gives you the "Index" to the FAQs. If you don't like five pages of it, change the number of Topics/Page in your settings. Mine is at 50, so I see two pages of the FAQ list. ;-)

What "original" FAQ 666? There is no FAQ 666. There is a thread with a title containing "FAQ 666". It isn't a FAQ. It's a draft FAQ. It might become one and appear in the FAQ list if the moderators agree.

Most people referring questioners to the FAQs give the relevant numbers. Sometimes they don't. If someones's too tired to look through a reasonably sized list for any appropriate titles, they might be too tired to read them anyway. ;-)

Laura
04-09-2004, 04:14 PM
Good point, Graham
I didn't think of how he had his topic numbers in Settings.
I have the complete list of FAQs on one page, so must have chosen even more than 50 per page originally.

drb1
04-09-2004, 04:29 PM
> Good point, Graham
> I didn't think of how he had his topic numbers in
> Settings.
> I have the complete list of FAQs on one page, so must
> have chosen even more than 50 per page originally.

There are 50 Fag on 10 pages.

Yes.

In a post there is a reference to Faq 666. Apart from metlas(***666***).

The Original 666. Not in the list of 50.

In older post there are references to other Faq. Not in the list of 50.

Have they been deleted?

Have they all been renumbered?

Have they all been archived some were?

Sorry 50 is it. Ok.

In my industry you tell someone lights on nobody home, and a couple of trees will land on you from a great height.

Laura
04-09-2004, 04:42 PM
My Settings > Viewing Preferences > Topics Per Page > 100

Result = Roughly 60 FAQs on 1 page = Index

Graham L
04-09-2004, 04:52 PM
If they aren't in the list they never became FAQs. Sometimes things which seemed good ideas turned out to be not very useful. That 666 appeared to be a list of "useful" programmes. That's not FAQ material.

In my experience they should be called RRAs. The Questions are Frequently Asked. The Answers are Rarely Read.

drb1
04-09-2004, 05:10 PM
> If they aren't in the list they never became
> FAQs. Sometimes things which seemed good ideas
> turned out to be not very useful. That 666 appeared
> to be a list of "useful" programmes. That's
> not FAQ material.
>
> In my experience they should be called RRAs. The
> Questions are Frequently Asked. The Answers are
> Rarely Read.
>
Thank you,

The answer to Perhaps a bad, humor question.

Is there a list/archive of this collection of "Questionable Material".

Therin may lie many useful tipbits. for an RRA reader.

Graham L
05-09-2004, 02:57 PM
None... if there was a FAQ in the title, or in the contents, you can search for that.

But bear in mind that the FAQs which have been made FAQs were subjected to a process of corrections and suggestions by a number of people before they were given the FAQ attribute.

You might as well just search for any particular subject --- and don't limit your searches to this site. Many things are to be found in the magic Google. ;-) Many of the answers posted here refer to Google; many of the answers give links found with Google. Some, I suspect, are cut and pasted from sites found with Google.:O

Susan B
05-09-2004, 03:13 PM
You have summed that up pretty nicely there, Graham. :-)

I'm not sure why "FAQ 666 F1 uses favorite programs" never officially made it into the FAQ section but when the rest of the FAQs have been tidied up I was thinking of tackling that one.

Quite a bit of the software/programs are probably obsolete or superseded by better programs by now but much of it is still useful. It ought to be dragged up and resurrected for another airing one of these days, I think. :-)

Oh, here's (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=22302&message=62698&q=faq+358#62698) another unofficial FAQ that never made it either. :p :D

drb1
06-09-2004, 03:01 AM
> None... if there was a FAQ in the title, or in the
> contents, you can search for that.

Ect

> But bear in mind that the FAQs which
> site. Many things are to be found in the magic
> Google. ;-) Many of the answers posted here refer to
> Google; many of the answers give links found with
> Google. Some, I suspect, are cut and pasted from
> sites found with Google.:O

The Magic google, Some topics can suffer from result padding, Still I would hate to be without him.

I am vaguely new here, and not a rampant, message bord poster or chatter. Why would anyone bother Plagiarising (Sp?) to post here, if its on Google just give the link?

Are some really that bad?