PDA

View Full Version : OT: Amazon seller fails to deliver!

Spencer
01-09-2004, 04:43 PM
I recently ordered 2 CDs from different sellers on Amazon. The first was ordered on August 14th (delivery by Airmail) and hasn't arrived yet, while the second, ordered several days later arrived on Monday.

I advised the seller of the non-arrival last week, but they don't seem to read their emails because they sent me a standard "It should be there by now, tell us if it isn't" email on Monday. If it never turns up it is not the end of the world because the dollar value is very low, but has anybody had delivery issues buying off Amazon? I can reverse out the credit card charge but I wondered if this was a very common occurrence.

The despatch data sent to me had "not available" in each of the critical areas for tracking delivery as illustrated below with my address details removed.

The package was shipped to you on not available, via US postal service, International to the following address:

The package's delivery confirmation ID is: not available
To check the delivery status of your package at any time please visit: not available.

Spence

Mike
01-09-2004, 06:01 PM
> The despatch data sent to me had "not available" in
> each of the critical areas for tracking delivery as
> illustrated below with my address details removed.
>
> The package was shipped to you on not available,
> via US postal service, International to the following
> address:
>
> The package's delivery confirmation ID is: not
> available
> To check the delivery status of your package at any
> time please visit: not available.

It was shipped to you via US postal service. Which means that it was posted at a post office, and will arrive when it gets there. The US postal service is the same as NZ Post - it isn't a courier/freight company, so no tracking services/delivery status. You only ordered it 2 weeks ago, and it's coming from the States, so be patient. It often takes close to that for stuff to get here from Oz, so from the States could take much longer. If its not here after 6 weeks I'd start to worry, but you've got a while to wait :)

Mike.

KingWave
01-09-2004, 06:04 PM
Spencer, you would be quite delusional to think anyone would want to help you after you attack Metla all the time.

Mike
01-09-2004, 08:59 PM
> Spencer, you would be quite delusional to think
> anyone would want to help you after you attack Metla
> all the time.

KingWave - that is quite incorrect and not in the spirit of this forum. We're here to help anyone who needs help, despite their indescretions. Your post has nothing to do with this thread, and I'd ask that you refrain from posts like that. Post if you've got something constructive to say, otherwise stay quiet.

Mike.

Susan B
01-09-2004, 09:45 PM
Give it a little more time, Spence, you can get quite a bit of variation in delivery times from the US. We recently bought two items on EBay a week apart - the first item ordered arrived more than two weeks after the second one which took only a few days. The first item took nearly four weeks and both were sent via US Postal Service. Go figure.

Spencer
01-09-2004, 10:38 PM
Thank you Susan and Mike for your constructive comments.

It is supposed to be coming first class airmail. I buy CDs, books and technical bits and pieces for my hobbies from all over the world and I have never waited more that 8-9 days for anything before. Even the sender expected it to have arrived by now if their email is anything to go by.

Patience is a virtue
Possess it if you can
Never found in woman
Seldom found in man

Spence

Biggles
02-09-2004, 09:49 AM
Enough Kingwave. The rules are simple. You know thyem. You choose to keep breaking them. Goodbye.

_kingwave_
02-09-2004, 04:38 PM
"Just watch out, the moderators round here like to perform self-aggrandising actions simply for the pleasure of exercising control over other people." - A quote from 5 days ago.

Case and point.

Hope you're enjoying your little power trip you ************.

Je t'aime, vous m'aime, nous suis une famille heureuse (http://pbskids.org/barney/)

[Edited by: Moderator on Sep 2, 2004 6:09 PM]

Graham L
02-09-2004, 04:47 PM
Another rattle thrown out of the pram.

They never get it, do they?

Biggles
02-09-2004, 06:27 PM
>Hope you're enjoying your little power trip you neo nazi fascist bastard.

Level 8, 246 Queen St. Why don't you walk in the door and come and say that to my face. Go on, do it. Instead of attempting to put my home address in your profile (and getting it wrong). Come up here you pathetic child and explain to me why your constant breaching of the rules which are clear and simple, means I'm a facist for banning you. Obviously it will have to be after after 3pm.

I look forward to meeting you. Bring your mother if you like.

Shaun Minfie
02-09-2004, 07:04 PM
> >Hope you're enjoying your little power trip you neo
> nazi fascist bastard.
>
> Level 8, 246 Queen St. Why don't you walk in the door
> and come and say that to my face. Go on, do it.
> Instead of attempting to put my home address in your
> profile (and getting it wrong). Come up here you
> pathetic child and explain to me why your constant
> breaching of the rules which are clear and simple,
> means I'm a facist for banning you. Obviously it will
> have to be after after 3pm.
>
> I look forward to meeting you. Bring your mother if
> you like.

Well said Bruce :)

Chilling_Silence
02-09-2004, 07:17 PM
Go on Bruce! Give him a tour around PCW! Show him the Server-Room ;-)

_Bruce Buckman_
02-09-2004, 07:18 PM
Im sorry Bruce, I shouldnt have acted like that.

[Edited by: Moderator on Sep 2, 2004 6:23 PM]

Shaun Minfie
02-09-2004, 07:20 PM
See. This is the problem with dynamic ip's

Pheonix
02-09-2004, 07:26 PM
It is sad to see someone with so low self esteem, that they have to revert to name calling like pre schoolers to achieve some form of recognition.

sam m
02-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Is the first kingwave and the 2nd _kingwave_ the same?
I recall someone doing that with Chill once before and it has some reference to Metla (not implying that metla is at all involved) but the last time it was done it was some attempt to antagonise him.
I just hope that kingwave is not being too harshly dealt with, although the original comment was still unfounded.

Chilling_Silence
02-09-2004, 09:09 PM
Yes, and the person seemed to have a problem with both me and Metla, hence why a name similar to mine was created and used to flame Metla.

We frequently talk, and Im sure he knows I would never say anything like that towards him.

Is this person that had a problem with me and Metla KingWave, or another person who has a problem with Kingwave??

Chill.