PDA

View Full Version : Screensaver VS Wallpaper flipper for LCD

gtr676
31-08-2004, 04:42 PM
I have a 15inch LCD screen, the manufacturer's booklet it syas to use a screensaver, thats ok, but....will a wallpaper flipper do the same as long as its set to change every 10mins or so ?

I would rather use a wallpaper flipper, as I can add my own selection of pics and not rely on boring screensavers.

Would appreciate peoples thoughts on this one........thanks

tommy
31-08-2004, 05:40 PM
I am not too sure about a "wallpaper flipper" as the desktop icons and taskbar will remain static. With a screensaver the entire desktop image constantly changes which is the idea of it. You could set your taskbar to autohide and have no desktop icons which would overcome that problem.
Also, a wallpaper flipper may use a lot more system resources which your computer may struggle with if it is not of high specifications, eg lots of RAM, etc.

Spartacus
31-08-2004, 06:41 PM
I'll agree with what Tommy said, but if your only concern is what images are shown then have a look for a screen saver that simply cycles through a selection of your own images. I know I used one once upon a time, but can't remember what it was called I'm afraid...

Cheers,
S

Peter H
31-08-2004, 06:59 PM
www.wallpaperchanger.de
Doesn't use any resources basicly.
Bye

Laura
31-08-2004, 07:30 PM
I add my recommendation to Peter's.
Wallpaperchanger is small & nifty with lots of options for how often you want to change pix & the kind you want to use.
I'm having fun with it.

Patrick 2003
31-08-2004, 07:42 PM
what about webshots, i used to use it a while ago, there are some great pictures available that can be downloaded and they can be used as screen savers
HTH :D

gtr676
31-08-2004, 09:33 PM
thanks to all for the advice, and thanks Peter, I an now using Wallpaper Changer found at the website with your URL .

enceladus
01-09-2004, 12:54 PM
Not sure what OS your running but under XP it is possible to get set up a screensaver that basically just cycles through the pictures in My Pictures (or whereever you want I think).

Rob99
01-09-2004, 01:43 PM
Dont use anything.

How long do you leave your computer on doing nothing?
You could press the off button on the screen, if you want to leave your computer running and not actually use it.

gtr676
01-09-2004, 02:40 PM
How long do you leave your computer on doing nothing?

I turn the comp on in the morning and usually leave it on all day and shut down at nite.
I guess the off button is the most logical choice, thanks

gtr676
01-09-2004, 07:28 PM
but under XP it is possible to get set up a screensaver that basically just cycles through the pictures in My Pictures (or whereever you want I think).

can you tell me how to use the winxp choice please... B-)

Rob99
02-09-2004, 12:45 AM
http://sal.neoburn.net/imagef1/files/winxp_mypics_slideshow.jpg