PDA

View Full Version : Download Manager Problems

Hello1
31-08-2004, 01:51 PM
Well ok around a month ago i finally decided to try a download manager i firslty tried leechget as it has no spyware and was recommended in theis forums i have had no luck with it as it doesnt download possibly my firewall then i tried stardownloader, flashget and freshdownload which havent worked but i have tried download accelerator plus which works fine but its has ads and spyware which i dislike which i dont want i really want leechget to work cause it looks nice so please help me

firewall- symantec system works nortons antivirus 2004

johnboy
31-08-2004, 02:32 PM
Have you ever downloaded any thing with LeechGet?
When you click on some thing to down load it when the LeechGet screen comes up what happens if you click use explorer which is on the left of the o.k button. Does it download ??.
Some where some thing must be blocking LeechGet from working it could be some box ticked some where that should'nt be.
usually it is the firewall or a pop up stopper or some thing like that .

Hello1
31-08-2004, 03:48 PM
well i right click download with leechget the prog comes up another window the main window for the download the one with the pie chart then thats all i have the pages without any d/l managers and it works fine but im a dialup user so no required is required to tell u why i want a d/l manager and nope never have downloaded anything with leechget cause it stays on 0% yeh im thinkinmg the firewall bcause when i used download accelerator it asked me which firewall i used then it worked but it has ads i dun want that hopefully this has given u enough info-help

Hello1

johnboy
31-08-2004, 05:10 PM
Try this Open leechget and on the second menu bar click on the arrow on the right of the leechget icon which is the orange box directly under file then click start wizard copy this url " http://www.acesoft.net/wssetup.exe"without the quotes in the box and click paste from clipboard
then click next and see if it starts the download.
Also you can check your settings by clicking on Extra on the top menu bar and clicking options and going thru the settings on the left pane . at the bottom are two up and down arrows to select different options
hth

Misty
31-08-2004, 08:56 PM
Dear Hello1
One comma in approx 266 words .......hmmm !
Misty :O

johnboy
31-08-2004, 11:29 PM
Just a thought you have'nt got it set in sleep mode have you. ??
on the second menu bar about the sixth icon in hover your mouse over it to see what the names of the icons are if it is on it will be highlighted,click it to turn it off
if it is not there on the second menu bar go to the top menu bar and click on Extra sleep is the top button . then try to start a download.
hth

Hello1
01-09-2004, 05:29 PM
nup still no go, its not int sleep.

Im wondering how is it possible, download accelerator plus can get through.

yep that one comma i wasnt sure if i should put that in cause it might stick out i wasnt wrong

Misty
01-09-2004, 07:43 PM
Hey Hello1
Don't knock your effort, at least that particular comma was in the right place !!
Misty :D :D

Hello1
03-09-2004, 04:45 PM
ok this strays away from the topic

but..

ok i installed fresh download but.. its left behind fdcatch.dl and i cant remove it any ideas plus this is the only thing i can think off thats usefull and can get my post on top of the others so more will read and help.:-)

johnboy
03-09-2004, 05:51 PM
Removal info for fdcatch.dll here (http://www.pestpatrol.com/pestinfo/f/fresh_devices.asp)
hth

Captive
03-09-2004, 08:02 PM
What happens when you try to download with leechget?

Norton System works as far as i know does not have a Firewall, i have the 2k3Pro version though.

If you mean Norton System Works or Norton Firewall then go into the program and change its configuration options to allow the program.

But thats assuming it wont connect and has been blocked by the firewall, It's not explained where the problem is

Hello1
04-09-2004, 01:26 PM
erghh yeh i found another download manager so now it doesnt matter bout leechget however i used download accelerator plus for about 3 days

u know when u right click and it says download with dap download all with dap well i unistalled and it left that behind so any ideas on how to remove it.

heres what i mean
http://imageuploading.com/040903/1094257443.JPG

and ty Jonny its now gone

Hello1
04-09-2004, 01:48 PM
well i'd like to thank every1 who tried to help and johnboy got ur name wrong b4 well i want to share my knowledge with every1 on how i got rid of right click download with dap its useful for any problems simialiar
ok do this... start run regedit if ur nervous about messing around in there back it up hkey_current_user/software/microsoft/internet explorer/menuext download the ones with dap. :-) close it restart ur browser and hopefully its gone ;-)

Hello1

Hello1
04-09-2004, 05:12 PM
well i want to share my knowledge with every1 on how i got rid of right click download with dap its useful for any other problems similar.
ok do this... start run regedit if ur nervous about messing around in registry back it up look for hkey_current_user/software/microsoft/internet explorer/menuext delete the ones with dap. close it restart ur browser and hopefully its gone

hehe typos and errors

Hello1
04-09-2004, 05:18 PM
well i want to share my knowledge with every1 on how i got rid of right click download with dap its useful for any other problems similar.
ok do this... start run regedit if ur nervous about messing around in registry back it up look for hkey_current_user/software/microsoft/internet explorer/menuext delete the ones with dap. Restart ur browser and hopefully its gone

hehe typos and errors