PDA

View Full Version : HP 670c

madkiwinz1
29-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Hi I have a problem with a Hp 670c on a print server. The OS is NT 4 and the server is a jet direct. The printer is set to print to ip direct. The printer is installed with the HP toolbox. What happens when you go to print the toolbox comes up with message that it is out of disk space. This happens from the windows test page as well as other apps. It can print a test page from the toolbox fine. There isn't a shortage of disk space on the drive and the machine has 128megs of ram and is a Celery 400.
This setup has worked before and the machine is newly reimaged. Any suggestions would be great. Oh by the way drivers are V11.
Thanks.

Laura
30-08-2004, 09:07 PM
Bump

Growly
30-08-2004, 09:14 PM
Dunno if this is of any help, but our 670c refused to print across any network. It crapped out and spat out junk - so i had to nullify my reasons for out network and walk all the way with a bloody floppy. Eventually it crapped out completely, i took it apart, and chucked it in my old PC junk heap.

Laura
30-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Sorry, I forgot to welcome you to Press F1
I myself couldn't help with your problem (Wait for the experts here) so merely revived your query so it wouldn't disappear off the page forever..

Laura
30-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Hey Growly
While I'm writing a thread telling him to wait for the experts, you're talking about tossing in the junk.
Interesting..
But I do hope he waits...

Graham L
31-08-2004, 03:28 PM
I don't know the jet direct print servers, but I assume they use a spool directory on each host. Is there a privileges problem on the spool area so No Access = "not enough disk"?

I wondered if it might keep accounting files (user/number of pages, etc) in its own memory, but there's no way that could cause an error like this ... HP have made a few of them. :D

Anyway, the HP toolkit can print a test page. I suppose that is run with Administator privilege, so that might hint at a privileges problem.