PDA

View Full Version : Jetstream ordered - really five days?

chatoyer
29-08-2004, 01:09 PM
Ordered Jetstream (3G Surf) yesterday (Sat, 28th) online. Of course, had to indicate installation date - Friday was the earliest. My question is this: will they wait until Friday or is there a chance they'll be doing it, like, Monday morning? :)

David

Rob99
29-08-2004, 01:10 PM
probally not

chatoyer
29-08-2004, 01:12 PM
erm, probably not in that they WILL wait until Fri or probably not wait until Friday. I'm Dunedin. Trying to think just how many connections get ordered each day... what, 3? :)

phil.b
29-08-2004, 01:12 PM
Took em 3 months to do mine

Rob99
29-08-2004, 01:16 PM
It wont be Telecom who does the install it will be a contractor who will be busy doing lots of other stuff

Fire-and-Ice
29-08-2004, 01:38 PM
You'll get an email from them to let you know when they'll plug you in. ;-)

chatoyer
29-08-2004, 01:41 PM
ah crud. i'm just a little anxious. Bought a D-Link ADSL modem and the 614+ wireless router, so keen to get it set up, screw it up, hopefully fix it, and then get on with things...

fus1_n
29-08-2004, 01:45 PM
They just never did my friends!

Miami Steve
29-08-2004, 02:56 PM
I completed the online order form on the 16th August, with installation requested for the 23rd. Got the confirmation window etc, but didn't make a note of the confirmation number.

When I had NOT received any communication by the 18th, I sent an email to Telecom. They said they couldn't check without my 12 digit confirmation number. Eventually, 2 days later, with my Telecom account number, phone number and XTRA user id, they were able to tell me that there didn't appear to be an order in the system, but I should call 123 to confirm.

When I rang 123, they confirmed that my online order had evaporated! This was on the 20th and they arranged the install for the 25th - only 3 working days later. This time I had a confirmation email within a few hours.

What this all tells you is that if you haven't got an email from them by the next day, ring up and make sure they haven't lost the order. I don't know if their system has a bug, or whether all my ad and pop-up blockers interrupted ai important part of the transaction, but it's not a good situation when you get a confirmation code from them for something that hasn't gone through.

Also, if you ring 123, you can negotiate an installation date, whereas the online order must be at least 5 working days in the future.

Cheers
Miami

metla
29-08-2004, 03:04 PM
When i orginised mine i was told something like 3 weeks to enable it(not install anything,just flick the switch on their end)...i waited about 8 days,then fired off an email saying with 750 million dollars profit they could provide a worthwhile service and do it sooner or cancel my order all together.

In reply they cancelled my order,forcing me to re-signup and go to the back of the que........lmao.

tweak\'e
29-08-2004, 04:06 PM
years ago it took 3 weeks for a tradesman to come to your house, 4 weeks for the parts to come and another 3 weeks for hime to come back and fit the parts......and you want it when ????

customers are just so spoilt these days ;-)

KingWave
29-08-2004, 06:14 PM
> In reply they cancelled my order,forcing me to re-signup and go to the back of the que........lmao.

Rofl

FYI It's a bit more than "flipping a switch". They have to rewire your line at the exchange from the phone only enabled DSLAMs or whatever and wire them up to the newer ones which do ADSL as well. Then do all sorts of other stuff as well. In reality it would take less than half day to sort one house out, they just have other people in the que as well.

somebody
29-08-2004, 06:28 PM
We ordered ours, and the ADSL was not connected within the 5 days. However, our dialup was disconnected on that 5th day - so we were left without internet. I rang Xtra and 123 (spent about 1 hour in total before I managed to get through), and they said the technician was busy, so I asked for (and received) 10 free hours of dialup, as a tempoary measure. The technician eventually connected the ADSL at the local exchange (2 days later), and we are now happy Jetstream customers.

Craigb
29-08-2004, 11:00 PM
Hi all
Ordered JS Saturday and got message today (Sunday) to saying it will be enabled on Wednesday. So I spose I better go and get a router and some filters.

Cheers
Craigb.

chatoyer
29-08-2004, 11:30 PM
i called 123 this afternoon and they've bumped me up to a Wed install. Went out and got a Dlink 302G modem and a DI-614+ AP/router. I'll screw up the setup for sure, but can't wait to monkey around with it. Thanks to all for the advice! :)

heni72847
30-08-2004, 12:03 AM
i used orcon's enable adsl web page to tell telecom to do their stuff...
didn't even get any comfirmation number....

i did call up orcon again though..and they said adsl getting enabled on 3rd Sep
..so dat's a 10 day wait for me...