PDA

View Full Version : Using my Jetstream account at multiple locations.

chiefnz
28-08-2004, 09:16 PM
Just a quick question guys, I don't know if it's been asked before but...

Is it possible for me to use the same Jetstream account at different locations. Like 1 adsl connection at work and 1 at home but using the same ISP login details for both locations. Will I need to log off from the 1 location before I can connect at the other location or can I be logged in simultaneously and will the total usage then just be taken off from my monthly MB quota?

cheers

chiefnz

Growly
28-08-2004, 10:12 PM
You can log in from anywhere with the same account - but if you log in from two different places at the same time you get charged double the amount.

lagbort
28-08-2004, 10:23 PM
also the place where you log in has to be obviously activated for jetstream

Greg S
28-08-2004, 10:25 PM
This subject has been discussed a few times - would be worth doing a search. As far as I recall none of us came up with a definitive answer, but to best of my knowledge the other location will be billed for your usage - not your own account, unless as mentioned you manage to log in twice in which case both accounts will be debitted.

mikebartnz
29-08-2004, 09:19 AM
> This subject has been discussed a few times
First time I have struck it to do with Jetstream and the way it works with Dialup is the other place does not get charged but your account so you obviously have not learnt much from the other posts you mention. With Xtra and dialup the second connection gets charged at $2.50 an hour. Obviously both places would have to have Jetstream enabled

Greg S
29-08-2004, 12:52 PM
> First time I have struck it to do with Jetstream and
> the way it works with Dialup is the other place does
> not get charged but your account so you obviously
> have not learnt much from the other posts you
> mention. With Xtra and dialup the second connection
> gets charged at $2.50 an hour. Obviously both places
> would have to have Jetstream enabled

He wasn't asking about dialup, bozo - it operates entirely differently. And just because you haven't come across it before, oh ye who knows all, doesn't mean it hasn't been discussed

chiefnz
29-08-2004, 02:24 PM
Ok let me just clarify what i'm talking about.

Given

1) I need an ADSL connection installed on both telephone lines.
2) I will have to pay for both ADSL lines at each location.

I guess basically what I want to know is... can I be logged in with the one ISP account at both locations at the same time?

Hope that helps.... my apologies if my initial query was unclear :)

cheers

chiefnz

drcspy
29-08-2004, 02:47 PM
WHY NOT email help@xtra.co.nz and ask them they'll tell ya

Greg S
29-08-2004, 02:51 PM
> Ok let me just clarify what i'm talking about.
>
> Given
>
> 1) I need an ADSL connection installed on both
> telephone lines.
> 2) I will have to pay for both ADSL lines at each
> location.
>
> I guess basically what I want to know is... can I be
> logged in with the one ISP account at both locations
> at the same time?
>
> Hope that helps.... my apologies if my initial query
> was unclear :)
>
> cheers
>
> chiefnz

Definitly yes

mikebartnz
30-08-2004, 02:07 AM
>He wasn't asking about dialup,
I knew that but I mentioned the dialup because two connections using the same login at the same time would incur additional charges and that was one of his questions
> And just because you haven't come across it before
One thread which did not ask precisely the same.

chameleon_coder
31-08-2004, 02:15 AM
chiefnz,

You can use your login on a number of different computers in different locations that have jetstream enabled, at the same time. There could be an additional charge, but most the time it's just added to your traffic limit (I might have to reassure that bit).

You may need to check your ISP's policy on this, as they do not recommend it (greedy lot maybe?)

I'll check if it's additional charge, as I do this all the time and don't think I've ever had to pay additional to my monthly, but who knows, my other boss (missus) takes care of that.

chameleon_coder
31-08-2004, 02:20 AM
I can confirm there was no additional charges, but check every clause of your ISP as they probably could charge you but I think this just ended up as usage on my available traffic allowed.