PDA

View Full Version : Jetstreamgames access

Miami Steve
28-08-2004, 12:26 PM
Hi,

I recently switched from dialup to ADSL. I have had no problems with normal internet access, but for the life of me, I cannot get access to the jetstreamgames FTP server.

I have read all the relevant topics on PF1, and followed the instructions, but nothing happens.

I change the logon user (on the router) to user@jetstreamgames.co.nz and set the password to blank. When I restart the router, I can't access anything.

If I type ftp://ftp.jetstreamgames.co.nz into IE6, I get a dialog box titled FTP Folder Error that states:

Windows cannot access this folder. Make sure that you typed the file name correctly and that you have permission to access the folder.

Details:
The server name or address could not be resolved.

I would really like to get access to the FTP server for driver updates and Linux downloads etc.

Interestingly, if I use the above link while logged on under my normal user id, I get access, but I only have a 256k connection and the 8Mb would really help.

Cheers
Miami

OS = Win XP Pro
Router = Billion BIPAC 7100

Pete O\'Neil
28-08-2004, 12:29 PM
I find for some strange reason when i try to access the JSG server that i have to have the site open e.g connect to the FTP using my normal account then leave the FTP window open, and change my user detail in my router to user@jetstreamgames.co.nz and then restart the router.

Miami Steve
28-08-2004, 12:36 PM
Pete,

I just gave that a go, but no luck. The only difference is that I now get a timeout error.

Cheers
Miami

nzStan
28-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Sidbo at Jetstreamgames is looking into it.

See http://www.jetstreamgames.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=47602

Miami Steve
28-08-2004, 01:23 PM
Thanks nzStan. Fairly obvious place to look really. :8}

Cheers
Miami