PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited

ruru
28-08-2004, 05:17 AM
OT: I see from its ad above that UNLIMITED magazine is only interested in male subsrcribers.
Dont think much of a company which doesnt have an UNLIMITED bottom line and precludes 52% from its target.

Earnie Moore
28-08-2004, 09:34 AM
You women are a classic, always moaning, about something.

I never complain about woman weekly.

Megaman
28-08-2004, 10:00 AM
I can see where this is headed....

But Earnie is right. We don't complain about those magazines, so why should you complain about ours?

I'm sure I'm not the only one that's noticed the favour has gone to the girls. In the court, it's always the mother that gets the kids, and just look at most ads. Most of them are very sexist (How come it's always the mother is the "Domestic Goddess", yet the guy is always messing up). The list just goes on and on...

andrew93
28-08-2004, 01:13 PM
Companies portraying men as himbo's in ads are now experiencing a backlash from male consumers, and rightly so! What happened to equality? The pendulum has swung too far. Lay off with the complaints about men's mags please.

nzStan
28-08-2004, 01:24 PM
> OT: I see from its ad above that UNLIMITED magazine
> is only interested in male subsrcribers.
> Dont think much of a company which doesnt have an
> UNLIMITED bottom line and precludes 52% from its
> target.

Really? Wow I must subcribe ASAP!

ruru
28-08-2004, 03:22 PM
I thought that would bring them out of the woodwork:)

Meanwhile at the olympics we, almost to the last day, had yet another arena in which women outstripped the men, and in their very own, self acclaimed preserve - sports!

Just think where we would be today if the male power brokers hadnt been screwing down the females pass rates in school and tertiary exams for the last hundred years, until they were stopped in 90s.
Ciao

zqwerty
28-08-2004, 04:01 PM
Jenny Shipley, Ruth Richardson hardly a proud record.

zqwerty
28-08-2004, 04:06 PM
Just to clarify, regardless of gender there are heaps of a...holes around. Men and Women seem very different to me, although I suppose I could be mistaken.

I say "vive la difference.

andrew93
28-08-2004, 04:10 PM
> I thought that would bring them out of the
> woodwork

do tell - what do you mean by "them"?

Megaman
28-08-2004, 07:09 PM
> Meanwhile at the olympics we, almost to the last day,
> had yet another arena in which women outstripped the
> men, and in their very own, self acclaimed preserve -
> sports!

Oh really? To make that believable you'd have to add some more facts. What sport was it? Were there both guys and girls competions at the same time? Do you have some evidence?

Anyway, back to the original whine. Fine. Don't subscribe. Don't complain either. We don't whinge about Womans Day etc.

Earnie Moore
28-08-2004, 10:19 PM
I could go into a bookshop, but I don't wish to be sold off as a garden nome. (the cheap skates, I wish they would buy the magazine or XXXXXXX off, they get in my way)

Earnie Moore
28-08-2004, 10:20 PM
I could go into a bookshop, but I don't wish to be sold off as a garden nome. (the cheap skates, I wish they would buy the magazine or XXXXXXX off, they get in my way)

Sorry the new subject got lost.

metla
28-08-2004, 10:44 PM
Get in the kitchen and cook me some pie.

andrew93
29-08-2004, 12:00 AM
:^O

Nice on metla.

BTW, I will defend my right to be a member of a corporate target market! :D

ruru
29-08-2004, 12:50 AM
Womens Day targets women specifically. Unlimited, I thought, targeted computer buffs. Not a male preserve believe it or not Ripley

ruru
29-08-2004, 12:54 AM
Unable to cook Metla? All alone Metla!? Thats why you are always on here!
Sad!

metla
29-08-2004, 12:55 AM
You have an axe to grind,Your particuler issue has nothing to do with computers,the forum users or the people who run the forum.

Get a life.

ruru
29-08-2004, 12:57 AM
G,nite lads, off to bed to keep my partner happy;)

metla
29-08-2004, 12:58 AM
I can cook fine,im surounded by family and freinds,and i frequent these forums because i choose to.

You on the otherhand are a hairy lipped feminist upset because advertising targets specific demographics.

Nutcase is a word that springs to mind,Please don't ever have children,you would only ruin them.

andrew93
29-08-2004, 01:08 AM
> Unlimited, I thought, targeted computer buffs.

Well the bad news is that you thought wrong. Wrong mag! In the words of Nelson Muntz : "Ha ha!".

Hmmm - a very antagonistic attitude from what appears to be a PF1 newbie - have you been here before under a different name?

andrew93
29-08-2004, 01:09 AM
BTW moderator - give this thread what it deserves and lock it away for good!

mikebartnz
29-08-2004, 08:54 AM
Yes men have had there Workingmens clubs and women have insisted on joining but I don't know of one womens club that has suffered the same fate. I gave up going to mine because of that and all the rugrats running around it.

mikebartnz
29-08-2004, 09:00 AM
>Meanwhile at the olympics we, almost to the last day, had yet another arena in which women outstripped the men, and in their very own, self acclaimed preserve - sports!
When the females run swim or whatever in the same race and win you can come back and skite otherwise SO.

mikebartnz
29-08-2004, 09:02 AM
> Jenny Shipley, Ruth Richardson hardly a proud record.
Why did you neglect Helen Clarke

Earnie Moore
29-08-2004, 09:21 AM
> > Jenny Shipley, Ruth Richardson hardly a proud
> record.
> Why did you neglect Helen Clarke

it might be because, she hasn't gone yet

Wilky
29-08-2004, 09:26 AM
> I can cook fine,im surounded by family and
> freinds,and i frequent these forums because i choose
> to.
>
> You on the otherhand are a hairy lipped feminist
> upset because advertising targets specific
> demographics.
>
> Nutcase is a word that springs to mind,Please don't
> ever have children,you would only ruin them.

hahaha, pwned.

robo
29-08-2004, 12:07 PM
oh. dear.