PDA

View Full Version : what cause's email word cutoffs?

beetle
27-08-2004, 10:19 PM
a friend sent an email ( assignment) to a group of us, and when we all opened it the start of each line was cut off, but when i highlight it all and copy to new page i manage to get all words fine?

i think she used word?

what causes this? as others just printed it and lost a word or two from each line?

OE
Word 97
XP

beetle

johnboy
28-08-2004, 12:03 AM
What email client does he use? there is a fix for outlook 97 if he is using that. Have a look at this mskb article to see if it applies to your problem..
Subject and Body of Received E-mail is Empty
here (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;179268)
hth

beetle
28-08-2004, 02:00 PM
????

Im totally lost now, it recomends changing settings for receiveing? (i think) emails and alters there appearance?

if this is a one off email isnt this a bit drastic ? or once this has happened this may happen again????

found out also one person had ? all through the body of the assignment text? what cause's that? makes it a little difficult to decifer some words, and prints with them as well.

beetle

godfather
28-08-2004, 02:33 PM
Sounds like its been embedded in the body of the email, and its not been plain text.

Beetle, the problem is not yours but belongs to whoever sent you the email.

Don't stuff your system up to accommodate someone elses error.

beetle
28-08-2004, 06:00 PM
i was hoping something like that would be said, not my prob for once.

tis the same person i had issues about, and told her how to use BCC and what it is for, and she still didnt use it! duh. - she gave the opinion along lines of you have no idea what you talking about......sigh, i know im not a geek but i have learnt far more than the average person lately on comp matters....:D

and yeah im not too worried about any more work from her, it wont happen
again.... just wanted to know thats its not another lemon glitch i guess.

thanxs

much appreciate the help.

beetle

Jim B
28-08-2004, 06:31 PM
> i was hoping something like that would be said, not
> my prob for once.

I would have thought it was obvious that it was not your problem as everyone else in the group who received the email had the same problem as you.

beetle
28-08-2004, 06:49 PM
we all slightly differed on things, but on the whole missing words was top of the list, some got ????? marks and i didnt.

im not a geek, and at this rate never will be.

sorry i asked.

beetle

R2x1
28-08-2004, 07:11 PM
" Geek "
A Helenic-Welsh vegetable?

beetle
28-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Oh so im a vegetable now?

:_|

thats as bad as being blonde.

:(