PDA

View Full Version : Mouse freezing problem

J ZEP
27-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Hi guys, using win 2000pro, i deceided to use my spare "laser mouse" (i got when purchsing my pc co. system couple of years back) - it doesn't have a brand name just pc co, and optical mouse on the back. Anyway it works fine on the other computers (so does still work), but when i try using it on the 2000 system it works for a while then will just freeze, can't do a thing and have to restart... It would be great to be able to use this mouse, as the only other one i have handy is an old 2 button :D. I didn't get drivers or anything with it when i got it with the other system, and it worked on a couple of other puters fine... Any ideas on what the prob could be appreciated please :-). Is it a 2000 thing maybe?

Rob99
27-08-2004, 05:06 PM
You could try one of these (http://sal.neoburn.net/imagef1/files/heated_mouse_pad.jpg)

J ZEP
27-08-2004, 09:56 PM
Hi Rob, so are you saying that laser/optical mice have problems with needing heat under them? ?:|. Seems odd that it works without freezing on the other systems i have used it on with various o.s on too i.e xp, win 98, even win 95 didn't give me freezes... I will just buy another mouse before buying a heated pad i think... however if this is going to be an ongoing prob with win 2000 and optical mice, well thats a different story - which is what i would like to confirm really??

Cheers

Rob99
27-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Sorry mate that was my silly sence of humor, I just put it togeather with photoshop for a bit of fun, and to give a bump back to the top. :)

J ZEP
28-08-2004, 10:59 AM
:-), lol, didn't even click to the significance of the freezing and heatpad humorwise :8}. Been a looong week ;-). :8}

Hey, you did a good job of it anyway, cause i commented to my partner that i had never seen them before (thinking they were another new thing out) :8}.