PDA

View Full Version : MS spanked for spreading BS

mikebartnz
27-08-2004, 01:03 AM
here (http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=18067)

Murray P
27-08-2004, 01:10 AM
Outrageous!

Cheers Murray P

R2x1
27-08-2004, 06:41 AM
Not quite precedent setting, more like S.O.P.
R2

Earnie Moore
27-08-2004, 07:18 AM
just shows you how much thinking power they have at MS control center.

Dolby Digital
27-08-2004, 09:23 AM
All's fair in love and marketing... :)

Microsoft probably just ran it to see who would pick up on such a ridiculous claim.

Graham L
27-08-2004, 02:44 PM
I saw the advertisement, and mumbled to myself that I should write and complain to the magazine. Nice to see that someone did something useful about it. ;-)

Of course it was more expensive. It was running on reliable hardware.

It's interesting that IBM have the aim of getting all their corporate desktops (400000 of them) off MS software by the end of 2005. They are making lots of money from selling Linux support with their hardware, and I'm sure they remember the "cooperative" development of OS/2. :D

drb1
27-08-2004, 10:17 PM
> here
> (http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=18067)

This is just the beginning of M/S, B/S, machines work

mikebartnz
28-08-2004, 01:09 AM
>they remember the "cooperative" development of OS/2.
I wonder where OS/2 might have been if IBM had been prepared to market it properly or if MS had not decided to control the worlds PC's and remained a partner. Certainly a good example why not to get into bed with MS.

drb1
28-08-2004, 01:37 AM
> >they remember the "cooperative" development of
> OS/2.
> I wonder where OS/2 might have been if IBM had been
> prepared to market it properly or if MS had not
> decided to control the worlds PC's and remained a
> partner. Certainly a good example why not to get
> into bed with MS.

It has given us a much stronger Linx , I hope Mandrake dont get to M/S on the deal.

metla
28-08-2004, 01:43 AM
I can see it now,MS hop into bed with redhat,adopt what they want,string redhat along,change all the standerds,drop redhat......

Within 3 years no one will ever remember any other but MS Linux.

drb1
28-08-2004, 01:52 AM
> I can see it now,MS hop into bed with redhat,adopt
> what they want,string redhat along,change all the
> standerds,drop redhat......
>
> Within 3 years no one will ever remember any other
> but MS Linux.
>
The French govt and I.B.M. among others are telling them to -----off.

Dont give them ideas like that, rat's will go anywere if their ship is endangered
>

Steve_L
28-08-2004, 09:33 AM
Hello Mike,

On another track - I finally found the email that you sent a month ago (that email address is one that I do not check too often), but when I replied it was rejected so I suppose you have changed your email address since then? No worries - just wanted to say thanks for the email and sorry for not responding sooner.

Wonder if you are nearly cut off from flooding down your way? Seems the stretch of road near the Maori cemetery gets flooded from time to time. Man, am I ever sick of this weather. Talked to my sister in law in Sydney last night and it was 24 degrees over there. Hell, it is only 3 degrees here and was like this all day yesterday. X-(

Growly
28-08-2004, 10:48 AM
Bahahahahahahahahahahaha