PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird

j.harper
26-08-2004, 08:07 PM
Hello Thunderbird fans

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to queue outgoing messages to send them all in one shot instead of one by one as written?

I realise that one could keep them all in the drafts folder until going online, but even then they have to be sent individually.

This is such a neat programme there has to be another way .

TIA
Jay

whiskeytangofoxtrot
26-08-2004, 08:14 PM
http://outbox.mozdev.org/

whiskeytangofoxtrot
26-08-2004, 08:17 PM
The above plugin is for adding a toolbar button to send later.

The other option is to go File --> Send Later, or CTRL+SHIFT+RETURN will do the same thing.

promethius
26-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Oh I thought you meant Thunderbirds

j.harper
26-08-2004, 11:06 PM
Thanks for that so far, whiskeytangofoxtrot.

I had found "File - Send Unsent Messages..." but couldn't figure out how to have them hanging about unsent. So am now rather puzzled about how it happens. Where are the messages hiding while they're waiting to be sent?

I have several identities (or whatever T'bird calls them) and one does have an 'Outbox' but there's never been anything it in and I don't know if it was part of the original setup or what.

Will the plugin you suggest work OK with T'bird 0.7 and do I install in with each identity?

Grateful for your help,
Jay

whiskeytangofoxtrot
27-08-2004, 12:38 AM
> I had found "File - Send Unsent Messages..." but
> couldn't figure out how to have them hanging about
> unsent. So am now rather puzzled about how it
> happens. Where are the messages hiding while they're
> waiting to be sent?

They will loiter in the Outbox. You need to look at the File menu on the Compose window. When you're writing a new message, go File on that window and the Send Later option will be there.

File on the main window won't show it as you're not composing.

> I have several identities (or whatever T'bird calls
> them) and one does have an 'Outbox' but there's
> never been anything it in and I don't know if it was
> part of the original setup or what.

It should be part of the standard.

> Will the plugin you suggest work OK with T'bird 0.7
> and do I install in with each identity?

Should do, I'm not currently using it (as I am on a permanent connection). All the plugin does is provide a button for the existing "Send Later" function so you can chuck it on the toolbar of the compose window.

j.harper
27-08-2004, 11:41 AM
Like most things in life ... brilliantly simple when you know how ! Thank you so much for all the help this time whiskeytangofoxtrot.

No doubt I'll be back.

Jay