PDA

View Full Version : Creating Autorun CD_Roms

Darcy
26-08-2004, 11:45 AM
Gidday All,

I have created a CD that i would like to autorun a .exe file on inserting the CD into the drive. I have found out how to do this but actually wanted to run 2 .exe files on CD insertion, one straight after the other finishes.

I understand that if i create a autorun.inf file on the root of the CDRom and in that file place the commands;

[autorun]
open=Filename.exe
icon=Filename.ico

It should open and run a file called Filename [if hardware compatable] when i put the CDRom in the drive.

would the following commands run 1 .exe straight after the other, or am i limited to just one app at startup??

[autorun]
open=Filename.exe
icon=Filename.ico
open=Filename2.exe
icon=Filename2.ico

Also, do i actually require the icon= line in there? I understand it specifies the path and the file name of the startup application, unsure though?

Any help or redirection appreciated!
Thanks in advance

Darcy.

Darcy
26-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Sorry unintentional TYPO, not meant to be gap between a & m in the second [autorun] file....

Before someone points it out for me..!

Ta.

CYaBro
26-08-2004, 11:59 AM
You can't have more than one reference to a .ico file as this is icon that the CD will get when you look in My Computer with the CD in the drive.
Don't think you can autorun 2 files, one after the other has finished. Most likely it will run both at the same time or only the first one listed will run or nothing will run.
You may have to make a batch / script file that autoruns which has the correct instructions to run the 2 files one after the other.

Darcy
26-08-2004, 01:17 PM
Cheers for that,

Is there some way I can test out / start the "autorun.inf" file before actually burning my CD? Don't want to go through a stack before getting it right?

wintertide
26-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Use a CDRW. :D

Darcy
26-08-2004, 07:36 PM
Thanks for everyones advice!

====================================

Have got what i wanted [2 x .exe's / one after the other] running by using a batch file as suggested!

Can anyone pls tell me what the cmd is to minimise the command window while the batch file is running?

Thanks again in advance!

beama
27-08-2004, 12:50 AM
cls as the last batch file instruction will close it once all instructions are complete. As far as minimise, a quick search on google may reveal somthing.
I would think though the batch file window would go into the background hidden by the active window therefore it would only need to be closed once all actions are complete and the cls command will do that or you could try
start "mybatchfile.bat" /min may do what you what
type start /? at a command promt for more help on this comand

Darcy
27-08-2004, 01:04 AM
Thanks Dude!

Yeah just found the cmd's

/m = minimise
/max = maximise

The problem is that the 2 Window's that start up are both smaller than the Cmd window, so minimising during operation is what I'm after, will try the 2 cmds i mentioned but the CLS at the end is something i also missed, so Cheers!

Darsss :)