PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations of CD replication services

somebody
25-08-2004, 05:59 PM
I'm looking for someone in NZ who is able to produce 500 replicated CDs fully packaged in jewel case with bookets, cd printing etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations of who I can contact?

Spacemannz
25-08-2004, 07:13 PM
I would do a search either thru

www.google.co.nz or

www.yahoo.co.nz for cd replication services.

See what comes up

Mike
25-08-2004, 08:46 PM
Where in NZ are you?

Mike.

somebody
25-08-2004, 10:49 PM
Hawkes Bay. I have done google searches etc. and have found most of the major NZ companies - Amstore, Adamdesign etc.

I have however found a very good company, with very competitive prices - cheaper than NZ companies even including freight from Australia. I would still like to try and do it in NZ, so if anyone has any suggestions, please sing out.

Although I'm in Hawkes Bay, I don't mind having them produced in auckland/Wellington or elsewhere in NZ.

Exwesty
25-08-2004, 11:25 PM
Stebbings should be able to help you.

http://www.stebbing.co.nz/

drb1
26-08-2004, 05:20 AM
> I'm looking for someone in NZ who is able to produce
> 500 replicated CDs fully packaged in jewel case with
> bookets, cd printing etc.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations of who I can
> contact?

Pay Carefull attention to disk quality. Especially on imported product. The Aussie is probably "subbing" the job to the 3rd world.

There are some realy poor quality disks aroud that crack the first time you remove the from the case (yes the correct method was) used by myself and the store clerk, on several of that distro (wise man took the lot and sent the all back).

Cheaper supplier will be cash up front. The "Demo" and the end product quality, may not match.

You may not get what you paid for.

somebody
26-08-2004, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the warning drb1. The company seems like it's a major firm in NZ and Australia at CD production - they have a NZ branch, but somehow I was put in contact with the Australian sales rep.

They have told me that the sub-contract out to factories in Taiwan, but that should not be too much of an issue - considering most of the CDs nowadays are produced there anyway.

somebody
26-08-2004, 08:53 AM
Thanks Exwesty - I'll have a look.

whiskeytangofoxtrot
26-08-2004, 09:47 AM
> Stebbings should be able to help you.
>
> http://www.stebbing.co.nz/

This man speaketh the truth.

I had 1500 CD's done through Stebbings about 4 years ago, the quality was excellent, as was the service, price and turnaround time.

Couldn't reccomend them highly enough.