PDA

View Full Version : this web page

dashizzy
24-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Does anyone else have trouble with the back button on this page, that includes the cd that comes with the magazine.

It always creates a new history point for every image move. Which means if you leave the pc on, and the browser with pc world on it, it is loaded with the same page up.

AND..... when surfing this page online it is hard to go back sometimes to the previous page.
Any feedback will be appreciated.

tweak\'e
24-08-2004, 09:41 PM
?:| ?:| ?:| ?:|

??????

what on earth are you on about ?

this page dosn't have any "back button"

>when surfing this page online it is hard to go back sometimes to the previous page

that sounds like a browser problem/feature. nothing to with a web page.

metla
24-08-2004, 09:46 PM
Sounds to me like they are browsing the cd supplied with the mag and it probably has a link to this forum, continuing on with my guesswork they may be unable to differentiate between the data/pages on the cd and the site itself.

Maybe.

Peter M
24-08-2004, 10:53 PM
I had a similar problem last week. Using IE6 on Win 98. If I started with my home page, then went to Press F1 forum topic page, then to a thread page it was ok. When I clicked the back button, instead of going back one step i.e to the topics list it went back two steps to my home page. This happened quite a few times over several days but now is ok??

Murray P
24-08-2004, 10:59 PM
No no no! What boo bear means is when browsing the PC World cover CD via the tabs or whatever the animated adverts refresh or play through a cycle or change to another advert, each cycle or ad is then treated by the web browser as a new page visited so, if you leave the page static so to speak (but the ads atre still doing there thing) for any length of time to say, tread an article or specs for the latest and greatest software, by the time you have finished if you hit the pack button it just goes one step back in the ad cycle, if 10 ads you have to go back 10 steps. It's easier to hit the tab but it can be annoying if you've drilled down a bit. *cough* Sloppy coding I guess, haven't looked and probably wouldn't recognise it if it punched me "ouch".

Cheers Murray P

Peter H
25-08-2004, 10:07 AM
Maybe not well stated, but I have the same problem - on this site - not the CD - that when on a thread, using the back button, doesn't always work. Sometimes back two pages, sometimes not at all. Have to click on back to the topic list instead.
Bye

Rob99
25-08-2004, 10:40 AM
If you click back to the topic list link you will be presented with a fresh view of the topics instead of the list as it was when you clicked on a thread.

tweak\'e
25-08-2004, 10:43 AM
never had a problem. however i also don't get the ads which may be why.

also i use opera which is fair better than IE with its cacheing and exspecially the use of the back button. i have noticed IE tends to be very werid in its use of the back button. just another IE feature ;-)