PDA

View Full Version : ISP dropping connection only at night

Horny the Demon
24-08-2004, 03:34 PM
was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this....in the wee hours midnite to six am say, Ill be reading F1 and all of a sudden the redial box comes up saying connection is lost, click here to redial, no probs getting reconnected and it may do it 2 times or sometimes not at all? I have an internal 56k modem with dial up with xtra

johnboy
24-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Try this in ie go to tools internet options/connections and click settings click on properties in dial up settings then click options and set idle time before hanging up to never then click o.k
hth

tweak\'e
24-08-2004, 03:55 PM
how long where you online for? xtra has a habit of dissconecting you after 24 hrs or so.

sure it not telecom doing work on the exchange during the off peak times ????

Graham L
24-08-2004, 05:20 PM
ISPs run software on their servers.:O Presumably they have to make modifications (and install security patches). I suspect they try to do this at times which will cause annoyance to the fewest possible customers. My bet for reboot time is in the early hours of the morning, rather than 5:30 pm.

Horny the Demon
24-08-2004, 08:35 PM
many thanks johnboy, have done what you suggesed and will try it out tonite, it was set on 20mins so I suspect you are bang on with this one,

thats 2 for 2 jb

thanx

and thanx to all who replied, all anwsers helped out