PDA

View Full Version : found my Father's Day pressy...

falvrez
24-08-2004, 02:25 PM
Am searching around looking for some new promo gear for work.

Found this: http://www.idl.co.nz/show.cgi?dir=products/desktop&product=pc-vac

A USB-powered vacuum cleaner! "Built in light allows you to clearly focus on the vacuuming area" - perfect for cleaning up those incriminating cookie crumbs during a late night session of NFS Underground.... :)

Only problem: minimum order 2,000. Perhaps IDG could buy one each for registered PF1 Users? Votes in please...

ApeNz
24-08-2004, 02:32 PM
How much for 1000 ?

metla
24-08-2004, 02:44 PM
Uh........Why would you want a mothers day present on fathers day?

pulling hair out
24-08-2004, 03:34 PM
>> Uh........Why would you want a mothers day present on fathers day?

Maybe "someone" doesn't want to give "mother" a chance to get near computer and see exactly what he's been up to !! ;\

Marg.

PS. You can tell us though if you want.

geekgirl
24-08-2004, 03:37 PM
NFS underground?.....give us a break, you should atleast be playing The Sims!

~self confessed Sim addict

p.s: Siims 2 out on september 16th!!! :D

robo
24-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Dude, there has to be something more exciting than that.
I have used plausible deniability to get out of using vacuum cleaner for long time, owning a USB one would blow it for me.
{groan, sorry about that}
robo.

Earnie Moore
24-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Does your father get exhausted quickly :-) or is this just training for the big 1000 Watt sucker. (sorry could not help myself)

R2x1
25-08-2004, 12:51 AM
USB vacuum cleaner?
Wimp's stuff. This is more like it (http://www1.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=GH1395&CATID=&keywords=vacuum+cleaner&SPECIAL=&form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=&Keyword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=)
(If the link doesn't work, try Jaycar NZ, search for product code GH1395)
R2

Earnie Moore
25-08-2004, 06:33 AM
Good picken R2x1

But I am not sure, it does not give a very write up, normally sellers might give the power source for the device they are tring to sell, but not this product, Jaycar seems to be a good company, but I have been disappointed on more than one occasion before with their goods or services,

One was a cheap dummie cassette to test VCR's, the plastic was thinner then the "real" one you could buy from the "trade sellers" at a higher cost, and it would jam going in and out sometimes, I was really disappointed in their after sale response which was very poor.

> (If the link doesn't work, try Jaycar NZ, search for
> product code GH1395)
> R2

R2x1
25-08-2004, 06:51 AM
I don't expect it needs to actually work, it would need emptying and other messy rigmaroles then - but what a boost to the geek image !

Earnie Moore
25-08-2004, 07:21 AM
yes I agree R2x1 with you,

Jaycar also sells a device you get your friends to poke their finger in it, if you are lucky they might get a electrical shock, What the XXXXXXXXX, is this sick or what ?????

It is, and has been for some time in New Zealand illegal to give a shock to anyone else, Jaycar in effect are selling things and asking their customers to break the New Zealand law of the country !!

R2x1
25-08-2004, 07:49 AM
Depending on how long ago "some time" started, I could be liable to prosecution, I seem to recall battery powered devices with a buzzer (suitably improved) surprising quite a few of my school mates around 1950. Strangely, the victims were the first to borrow it and shake hands with others. During a short period of confiscation, i believe it scored 100% of the staff as well.
R2

Earnie Moore
25-08-2004, 08:06 AM
I think maybe in the 70's, 80's not sure, one should ask the Electrical Workers Registration Board, and give them the "Jaycar" example as the reason for the asking.

I must go away and appear at work.