PDA

View Full Version : Error after startup win ME

iron-zeus
23-08-2004, 07:53 PM
Hi there
I recently installed a media duke box on my Windows ME System, the dukebox contains visualizations which would not run due to a error in my 3D direct. I checked with my Direct x diagnostics tool and it said there was a problem with my driver. I have had a couple of driver updates from Microsoft and a NVidia Detonator driver i got of a Disc, installed on my system. in distant past i have had a few display driver problems that with fumbling around with have managed to fix. Having said that i am not sure which driver was installed at the time the dukebox error came about. Any way i uninstalled the present driver, then installed a random driver that was presented to me in my update driver list. Now my jukebox visualizations are working, my computer seems to be going fine. Except after start up i get an error box which says "ERROR IN C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM\NVCPL DLL. MISSING ENTRY NV STARTUP". then i click OK the box goes away and all is well, but can anyone suggest what i can do to prevent the error message from appearing.?
Many thanks :)

Spacemannz
23-08-2004, 08:00 PM
Go to start/run type msconfig (I think this is in ME). never used ME. Go to startup tab, untick NVCPL if its there reboot.

Or go to start/run and type regedit. Then go here

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run find NVCPLDaemon in the right window. Highlight it then delete. Quit Regedit. Reboot. This (if this is the file causing the prob), will remove it from msconfig, and that error message.

iron-zeus
23-08-2004, 10:29 PM
Thanks Spacemannz :) That worked..deleted key from reg

Spacemannz
24-08-2004, 10:26 AM
No worries iron HTH :)