PDA

View Full Version : Irfanview help please.

Valerie
22-08-2004, 10:00 PM
I made up a slideshow using Irfanview and now want to extend the time each slide is displayed. Unfortunately I no longer have the pics to create a new slideshow. Is there any way I can extend the display time or recover the pics from the displayed slide please??

zqwerty
22-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Not certain about this but:

Open irfanview/file/slideshow/ find slide advancement, type in delay time you wish.

If you are fooling around with a precious picture file make a back up copy.

Valerie
22-08-2004, 10:35 PM
Thanks zqwerty - already tried the slide advancement idea and while that works when creating a slideshow I don't know how to open an existing slideshow in I'view in order to edit it.

Yeah, backup would have been a great idea - I'll tell my boss...

gerrypics
22-08-2004, 11:00 PM
If there aren't to many photos involved you could recapture them using print screen.

zqwerty
22-08-2004, 11:14 PM
Again, not certain about this but I take it that a slide show is just an index of how to treat existing pics on the hard drive. Therefore the original pics must be somewhere. I doubt that the show is a separate file containing versions of the originals which you say are now gone allthough I suppose that is possible. Why not have a search and see if you can locate them. If so you will be able to make a new show with the desired timing.

wotz
23-08-2004, 08:52 AM
zqwerty it would be useful for you to research the application involved rather than say how you think it should work.

Irfanview creates a .exe file containing the images, so without having the original images available it looks like there is no way to edit the show.

Chilling_Silence
23-08-2004, 09:57 AM
I would be inclined to try TechSmith.com's SnagIT.

I havent used it in a while, but IIRC you can set the capture delay. Set it to capture the file every XYZ seconds (In sync with your Slideshow) and then you'll just have to re-create it :-/

Hope this helps

Chill.

Valerie
23-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Thanks guys - d/l SnagIT now and will get back with the results of running it.

V...