PDA

View Full Version : change bmp to jpeg with paintshop pro?

devo
22-08-2004, 11:18 AM
HI all, Im using (and very new at) paintshop pro 6, I have around 30 or so BMP photos that I would like to change to jpeg photo's, is there a way to do this in paintshop pro 6 I see I can do them one at a time, but this would take forever, is there a way to do all bmp's at once say to change kelly.bmp to kelly.jpg with the same file name but ending in jpeg please help if this is really easy to do

thanks

Baldy
22-08-2004, 11:34 AM
Yes it is easy.

Open the folder you have the bmp pics stored in, then right click individual pic and when you see the drop down menu, click "Open With Microsoft Photo Editor"
Then click File, then Save As, Then Save As Type, then click JPEG File Interchange Format.
Probably easier to save it into a new folder and rename the file as well.

bones2
22-08-2004, 11:40 AM
In PSP 5 under "File" there was a "Batch Conversion" option which sounds like exactly what you want. You could specify file output type and directory etc.
Don't know if PSP 6 has the same option tho.

Earnie Moore
22-08-2004, 11:59 AM
IrfanVeiw will do batch conversion to lots of formats, it is a free download or might of been on one of the latest NZ PC World magazine CDROM.

It's 809 K in file size, and the latest version is 3.91 from http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at (http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/)

PressF1 User
22-08-2004, 12:19 PM
Yip Earnie - that's the one I use too because its easy, fast, and uses very few system resources. Great for a free program :-)

Chilling_Silence
22-08-2004, 01:26 PM
Im with Earnie!
IrfanView rocks and is brilliant for batch conversion / renames!!!

Chill.

Murray P
22-08-2004, 01:39 PM
I use either Irfanview (File > Batch Conversion/Rename) or Phooishop Elements 2 (File > Batch Processing). If you want to edit these imagaes in Photoshop edit convert to .psd files > do your editing (enhance/correct images for eg) then save as .jpeg('s) at the required size and quality.

Cheers Murray P

devo
22-08-2004, 04:33 PM
brilliant, thanks everyone

tommy
22-08-2004, 05:47 PM
> In PSP 5 under "File" there was a "Batch Conversion"
> option which sounds like exactly what you want. You
> could specify file output type and directory etc.
> Don't know if PSP 6 has the same option tho.

All versions of Paintshop Pro have a batch conversion utility. It works very well. Have a look for it under "File" in the menu.

Bazza
22-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Thanks Earnie for advising the latest version of Irfanview is 3.91.

Been using it for a year or more, and find mine is V3.80, and so went to get the V3.91. Surprise, dated 20 Aug, there is an even later version V3.92 which I have installed + all the plugins.

BTW, one can be unsure whether to uninstall earlier versions of software. I did uninstall the V3.80, but I now see from info in the V3.92, that it is not necessary. Just installing 'over the top' is alright.

It looks good, with very many options. Many thanks Earnie.

Earnie Moore
22-08-2004, 07:52 PM
What a pain in the neck, does anybody else have this trouble, it's only a small file and only takes a few minutes to down load, but each time I go to get the latest version, no joking it takes about 20 minutes to find a web site I can down load from today it turned out to be http://www.click-now.net/download/IrfanView.htm that gave me the file.

I tried tucows but that web promised it but could not deliver, other web sites went to a blank page. ZDnet was useless, some of them only had the old version 3.91.

Thank you Bazza I'm just worn out now from been frustrated, I have downloaded other files and within a few minutes of going on Internet the files is beginning to download but not with Irfanview

Bazza
22-08-2004, 08:19 PM
Thats very strange Earnie.. I just went to the url you posted, and clearly saw all about the V3.92 download. After selecting that I was directed to a Tuscows site to select a country like NZ, and so got the D/L from a Palm Nth mirror very fast..

Earnie Moore
23-08-2004, 03:52 AM
That's unreal Bazza, as I said Irfanview has been the only program I have trouble with, I keep updating Mozilla, not a ounce of trouble.