PDA

View Full Version : V-Com System Suite 5

Sprbro
22-08-2004, 10:55 AM
Some time ago an article came up in the PC World (and, for the life of me, I can't find it) regarding various general improvements to computers and their running. It included a review between System Suites and although I am running Nortons 2003, I was impressed with the stats of Systemsuite 5.
However, I cannot find the source of supply in NZ. The website v-com.com give Aust as the nearest source but I prefer to deal with a physical supplier in NZ where possible. Three phone calls to PC World have given me the promise of getting back to me but this has not happened. Does anyone have knowledge of an NZ supplier of this software? Conversely, has anyone used both suites and has some comments.
The particular part of the review that caught my attention was the superior performance of SystemSuite 5's defragging over Norton's which has become very slow in XP Pro.
Ken

godfather
22-08-2004, 11:30 AM
http://www.pcgear.co.nz/customer/home.php?cat=1280&page=16

Simply put "systemsuite 5" site:nz
into Google. Leave quote marks in as shown
Also gives the PC World article link.

Takes a few seconds only to locate all the NZ links.

Sprbro
22-08-2004, 11:43 AM
Thanks Godfather, don't do a lot of online stuff, so never think of using Google as much as I should.
Cheers,
Ken

Fishb8
23-08-2004, 08:36 AM
I've been a user of System Suite since version 5 and I've been pleased with it. email me if you want any more info.

Sprbro
24-08-2004, 10:07 PM
Currently using Nortons Systemworks 2003. Defrag much slower for XP than for 98SE. Have you used Nortons so as to be able to give a comparison?
Ken