PDA

View Full Version : OT: Olympics

phil.b
21-08-2004, 10:46 PM
Who thinks the olympics should be on Sky TV as well. That way we get hopefully a more unbiased coverage, more channels & NO ADS. I'd even be willing to pay $20 extra for that month.

Yes I have escaped from the mother country, but that aside I would like to see more than the few sports covered thus far.

Elephant
21-08-2004, 11:13 PM
> Who thinks the olympics should be on Sky TV as well.
> That way we get hopefully a more unbiased coverage,
> more channels & NO ADS. I'd even be willing to pay
> $20 extra for that month.
I think the Olympics should not be on TV at all possibly.

The Olympic Games as were once upon a time were purely for amateurs.
When I was about 12 - 18 years old I used to ride a cycle both road and track. I used to enjoy road more than track. On road you had gears and on track it was fixed wheel. We did not ride for a prize over a certain number of shillings or pounds otherwise we would stuff up our AMATEUR status. I still have some teaspoons and salad servers I won.

Noted last night that someone in a swimming event came from South Africa to Germany and was swimming for them.

We in New Zealand have been guilty of importing athletes from elsewhere in the world have we not?

> Yes I have escaped from the mother country, but that
> aside I would like to see more than the few sports
> covered thus far.

Sky has been guilty in my humble opinion of over bidding for certain events.

You may note that for some time I have been a little peeved that I could not see Golf on TV until recently. Sky took it away from me.

In the last month I have been able to see on a channel free TV two major golf events.

andrew93
22-08-2004, 12:13 PM
> You may note that for some time I have been a little
> peeved that I could not see Golf on TV until
> recently. Sky took it away from me.
>
> In the last month I have been able to see on a
> channel free TV two major golf events.

Every time I happen upon Sky Sport in my travels (no Sky @ home) the only sport I ever see on TV is golf. IMHO golf is THE most boring spectator sport possible. Who wants to see some z grade tourny from the backblocks of B**F*** Idaho?