PDA

View Full Version : Incredimail Problems

Newteach
21-08-2004, 02:18 PM
I have just tried to update my version of incredimail and now when I run it it loads into the system tray for a split second then vanishes. I would love to reload the previous version but even after deleting all traces of it, (I think), it keeps telling me that there is a 'newer version' already on the computer. How do I either

1. Get the new Incredimail working. (thing it might be spybot S&D stopping it because of BHO's but not sure).

or

2. Reload my old version, by getting rid of the traces of the new one.

Please help lil ole me...I'm stuck and gonna cry.

Nicola.

Murray P
21-08-2004, 02:32 PM
Incredimail likes to have a good strong grip on your OS, it's notoriously difficult to eradicate (which I would do permanently if it ever came near one of my PC's). You'll have to clean it out of the registry and system files. Have a look at this (http://www.rayshaw.im.com.au/article.aspx?ArticleKey=465) for stomping instructions.

Cheers Murray P

Baldy
21-08-2004, 03:34 PM
I agree with Murray.

Its amazing how you can "pretty" OutLookExpress if you want all the fancy stationery.

Elephant
21-08-2004, 04:00 PM
I have trouble even walking near a computer running Incredimail just in case I get infected myself and I bring it home to my PC. :-)

Having said that, I must admit I tried it. My main issue with it was that there was no facility inbuilt to allow export of messages and contacts in a form able to be read by other Email clients. Other than that it also creates large Emails.

Newteach
21-08-2004, 04:42 PM
Hey thanks heaps guys....I have tried Pegasis and didn't really like that, and don't trust O.E either apart from Eudora which I can stand, does anyone know of another email app that they would recommend.

Nic.

R2x1
21-08-2004, 04:48 PM
Hi,
You could try Thunderbird (http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/).
It is quick, stable and effective.
R2

tommy
21-08-2004, 04:55 PM
Thunderbird, as suggested by R2x1 would probably suit you the best. It is very similar in appearance to Outlook Express but with more security.

Murray P
21-08-2004, 08:32 PM
I thought incedimail was based around OE and/or contained much the same vulnerabilities?

Pegasus is supposed to be very good although I haven't tried it.

Cheers Murray P

Elephant
21-08-2004, 09:36 PM
> Hey thanks heaps guys....I have tried Pegasis and
> didn't really like that, and don't trust O.E either
> apart from Eudora which I can stand, does anyone know
> of another email app that they would recommend.
>
> Nic.

So what do you actually want? Secure, Pretty, Usable or what.

Bear in mind that two out of three is not bad. I can also ask if you want to find your Emails and back them up every time.

I use Outlook 2003 and have close to 8000 messages in my inbox. Outlook may not be secure but I can make it pretty and it is usable for me.

Some of you may ask, "Why do you have so many messages in your inbox?"

My answer is so I can search on Email I get from Fryup, Silicon Valley, password changes, Langaslist etc.

For example I remember downloading a shareware program to enable me to create stand alone slideshows. I decided to buy this via a visa card I have and received the activation code via Email. I wanted to reinstall this program at one stage and it wanted the code. Found via my rather large inbox.

Just checked my last backup and found a 700 Meg outlook.pst file.

Newteach
22-08-2004, 04:17 PM
Good Question Elephant, I guess in order of importance I'm after Security first, looks and pretty second. After all of this I sat down and asked myself what I was after. I like being able to download mail from my isp, vodafone, and the dredded hotmail, all through one email client. Now you're asking why so many email addys. Well I only give out my isp to very very verrrry close friends and for the past three years it has remained spam free. I use Vodafone mail for urgent messages 'cause it shows up on my cellphone, but still not a lot of spam, and hotmail for everything else.
Thanks for your help everyone....I'm trying out thunderbird on your recomendation but if anyone has others please let me know. You'd think that being second only to a browser in usage there would be heaps of email clients around. Am I the only one with Anti-Microsoft disease at the moment.

Nicola.

Murray P
22-08-2004, 05:37 PM
> Thanks for your help everyone....I'm trying out
> thunderbird on your recomendation but if anyone has
> others please let me know. You'd think that being
> second only to a browser in usage there would be
> heaps of email clients around.

The Opera browser has an add in email client Mozilla has a built in one (similar to Thunderbird). There's one or two PF1'ers who use FoxMail (http://fox.foxmail.com.cn/english.htm).

> Am I the only one with Anti-Microsoft disease at the moment.
>
> Nicola.

No, you will find two major variants of the disease more than adequately represented on this forum.

One is the so called Fanboy (or girl) variant, scientific name MicrosoftusSycoPHantus which has several sub-variants such as; DOS (old flatulence) 3x (stuck), (95 (the fool), NT (granny) ME (car wreck), 2k (0k) XP (the deluded), major symptoms are an acute and severe degradation of IQ, illogical and delusional thought processes (especially applicable to XP, hence the tendency to auto reboot rather than admit to a BSOD), unreasoning chauvinism and denial that there is a problem when help/treatment is attempted, a propensity to attack non-MS products as evil viruses and/or a despicable commy plot. The cause and infection vector is MS itself or more specifically it's marketing division. A rather nasty and virtually untreatable disease although, some success has been achieved by using a common veterinary procedure. One of the side effects of this disease on uninfected forum users is that when asking a question relating to an MS product the victims invariably fail to mention what product they are using or if indeed there were any errors at all, very sad but true.

The other major variation is RavingOSS or MicrosoftSuckpsoriasis and its slightly less common sibling MicrosoftF**kpsoriasis. These variants display symptoms that are very similar to the Fanboy are almost the complete but are opposite in there display, ie, chauvinism and denial that there is anything right with MS when help/treatment is attempted. Unfortunately we have less understanding of the causes and infection vector as the victims usually stay hidden away in such places as .org or .edu type mailing lists and rarely venture out into the light of day (sallow skin & caffiene addiction are other symptoms) instead carrying out lightening and rabid raids on user forums, but there have been suggestions that like the Fanboy infections that the very same systems the espouse is the source of infection. There is no known cure although a Mr William Gates has claimed to have discovered one and went to press with his findings the varasity of this persons data and credibility is in grave doubt.

Another closely related disease is the Teleconscabosis syndrome but, perhaps we'll leave that for another time ;)

Cheers Murray ;P

raj123
15-11-2005, 08:15 PM
[B]I am using Incredi Mail for the last 1 and 1/2 year, but it lacks the features
of Microsoft Outlook 2003 and it also occupies large memory. I want to switch to Microsoft Outlook 2003 desperately, but Incredi doesn't have facility to
export to Outlook nor Outlook can recgonised Cabinet file (.CAB) created by
Data and Settings Transfer in Incredi Mail.

What I do ? Can anybody give me the solution for the said problem.

Rob99
15-11-2005, 08:20 PM
How much data do you want to move? How many emails etc address book??

Elephant
15-11-2005, 09:15 PM
[B]I am using Incredi Mail for the last 1 and 1/2 year, but it lacks the features
of Microsoft Outlook 2003 and it also occupies large memory. I want to switch to Microsoft Outlook 2003 desperately, but Incredi doesn't have facility to
export to Outlook nor Outlook can recgonised Cabinet file (.CAB) created by
Data and Settings Transfer in Incredi Mail.

What I do ? Can anybody give me the solution for the said problem.

I don't think there is a solution in so far as you can keep your address book and emails exported from Incredimail then import back to Outlook 2003 or even outlook express. As far as I saw it you can do the export data settings from Incredimail but only if you want to Import the same settings after reformatting the hard drive.

I exported my Outlook into Inredimail but there is no way to get it out again that I can see.

Fortunately I used Outlook to export a *.pst file before I installed Incredimail.

I told the Incredimail software people why I uninstalled the software but on the last check the import and export did nothing.

Good luck.

TiJay
17-02-2006, 05:15 AM
Ok...I know this is a VERY old thread, but I happened by it today...with the same problem as raj123...

Backstory - My boss has been using incredimail because "Everyone loves my emails - they are so pretty!" and my responce "Nobody cares - most email security BLOCKS the images you send. With 126 registry errors that when deleted - STOP the program from running...it SUCKS!"

Fast forward a bit - I finally convince her to drop IncrediMail, and switch to Outlook 2003 (for the sake of using the exchange server that we just spent 5 grand on) I exported to a .cab, and - like raj123, couldn't find how to import a .cab into outlook...Here is how I fixed THAT problem...

Extract all the files from the .cab to a folder on your hard drive...select all of the files, then drag them over to the inbox on your Outlook gui. I just started the xfer process - and am hopeful it will work. If not, I'll repost with a 'nevermind'

TiJay

TiJay
17-02-2006, 06:18 AM
Crap...erm...nevermind :(

Sue
17-02-2006, 07:41 AM
"Am I the only one with Anti-Microsoft disease at the moment"
Nope :)
Some of us have Macs and No Microsoft software at all. :thumbs:

Murray P
17-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Crap...erm...nevermind :(

Never did like Outlook, finicky bloody thing. I guessed they must have improved it somewhat after all these years. Looks like I was wrong eh.

There are some utilities though that will do the job for you, some free some cost. I'm sure they'll be listed here on PF1 somewhere if you do a search of the forum.

Good luck.