PDA

View Full Version : WFTWE #116....Ingannation....When things are not quite as they seem.....

Billy T
20-08-2004, 11:17 PM
Ingannation

Deception; deceptive, false, or fraudulent behaviour.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :|

It's been a slow-news week. Makes it
hard to find anything topical.:(

Murray P
20-08-2004, 11:30 PM
You should catch up with your reading Billy, quiet topical I would have thought.

Cheers Murray P

Laura
21-08-2004, 12:01 AM
A *pet* dog savaged & killed its owner here this week.

Salutary & topical in terms of *things are not quite what they seem*...

Laura
21-08-2004, 12:11 AM
No, on second thoughts - we really don't want to think about that again at the beginning of the weekend. (National news when it happened & still being analysed & re-analysed by the local papers) Lots of bitey dogs being looked at sideways now by their owners...

Much more harmless & satisfying to apply it to politicians, eh?
After all, isn't that what they're there for?

TonyF
21-08-2004, 12:20 AM
quite
> topical I would have thought.
>
> Cheers Murray P

Indeed yes. A splendid rocket.. Hope it works..
Cheers T

R2x1
21-08-2004, 01:39 AM
>Lots of bitey dogs being looked at sideways now by their owners...

>Much more harmless & satisfying to apply it to politicians, eh?
>After all, isn't that what they're there for?

Seems ok - dog fighting is definitely illegal, but feeding politicians to 'em seems fairly much in the clear. Parliament has largely gone to the dogs since the Crimean war anway.
R2

Laura
21-08-2004, 01:51 AM
R2x1
So what was so special about the Crimean War?
You mean they were all whiter than white until then?
(Males, of course...needed Florence Nightingale to show them the way...Ahem)

R2x1
21-08-2004, 05:35 AM
Hi Laura -
Well, pre Crimea. I don't remember any bad bits ?:|. They may not have been "whiter than white", just a paler grey perhaps Might have been plagues and such, but no Holmes, and no powercuts. Road toll was down too. And Florence's lamp notwithstanding, politicians kept the nation pretty much in the dark then too B-)
R2 ]:)

Laura
21-08-2004, 06:07 AM
:^O :^O :^O :^O :^O

R2x1
21-08-2004, 07:44 AM
Things are not always as they seem round here when we have an "Ingannic" collection. All those good looking lounge suites etc. do not pass close inspection - and the fridges ? Rubbish ! !
R2

Billy T
21-08-2004, 10:27 AM
> You should catch up with your reading Billy, quite
> topical I would have thought.
>
> Cheers Murray P

Gosh, I have no idea what you are talking about Murray.:|

Did I inadvertently hit a topical subject afterall?

Well I never!

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :D

Mike
21-08-2004, 11:57 AM
> Ingannation
>
> Deception; deceptive, false, or fraudulent
> behaviour.
>
> It's been a slow-news week. Makes it
> hard to find anything topical.:(

I would have thought the Olympics big story - the Greek sprinters - would have fit quite nicely ;)

Mike.

Murray P
21-08-2004, 12:52 PM
> > You should catch up with your reading Billy, quite
> > topical I would have thought.
> >
> > Cheers Murray P
>
> Gosh, I have no idea what you are talking about
> Murray.:|
>
> Did I inadvertently hit a topical subject afterall?
>
> Well I never!
>
> Cheers
>
> Billy 8-{) :D

and [url=http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=50372] another (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=50467#303932[Here's one[/url) just a little further down the page. The intent was there for the first but, not wholly successful I might add ;), in the latter even the defendants responses are ingannat to an extent. Not the only examples I could come up with unfortunately.

Cheers Murray P

Murray P
21-08-2004, 12:57 PM
Arrgh, must use preview, must use preview, must use preview............ :8}

Here (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=50467#303932) and here (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=50372)

Cheers Murray P

Billy T
21-08-2004, 01:30 PM
Hmmm.............

I missed the majority of the PoWa/kiki/whathaveyou & whoever thread Murray, I only caught it in the early stages.

So, all was revealed. I simply do not understand why otherwise knowledgeable and useful individuals have to exhibit such destructive and counter-productive behaviour, and PoWa (plus his alter-egos) is not the only one, there are several others with varying levels of negativity concealing their true talents.

If you are still watching PoWa, you are quite wrong, I would have offered exactly the same level of assistance on your monitor regardless of your logon. That is the fundamental difference between us. I only come here to help, or occasionally amuse with OT diversions. I don't do destructive, and I don't carry grudges.

Life is too short for all that angst.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Murray P
21-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Yeah, sorry a bit cryptic first time round but I was a bit reluctant to point to it directly in your thread especially with the fire still bright in BB's eyes we don't really need any more shyte.

Talking of BB I wonder whether he would take kindly to a BBC/beeb/auntie moniker :D who was that Lord who ruled with an iron fist or was that the nature of the British beast? (I don't want to have to do this/it's going to hurt you more than me [deception] ]:) )

Cheers Murray ;P