PDA

View Full Version : '); //--> - Now I'm mad

Biggles
20-08-2004, 12:19 PM
You know, it's bad enough that I have to email someone and tell them to pull their head in, but when they take that as a cue to set up a new user id and start being an even bigger pratt, I get really quite annoyed.

As PoWa you got banned.

As kiki I asked you to change your behaviour.

And then you go a register as '); //--> and start being a total bloody pratt:

AMD646 Motherboard (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=50368&message=303093#303093)

Only you forgot which user id you were logged in as.

Go and find somewhere else to practice being a total moron.

rodb
20-08-2004, 03:55 PM
Well said, Bruce.
We don't need infantile smartarses on the forum.
There are, of course, a few more who could receive the same treatment!

stu120404
20-08-2004, 03:58 PM
Me confused ?:|?:|

Let me get this strait so kiki & '); //--> are/was PoWa correct? ?:|

Biggles
20-08-2004, 04:04 PM
Yep.

stu120404
20-08-2004, 04:10 PM
> Me confused ?:|?:|
>
> Let me get this strait so kiki & '); //--> are/was
> PoWa correct? ?:|

If so then I look like a complete idiot :8} in this post Attn: PoWa - Sorry I missed you earlier (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=49424&message=292697&q=PoWa#292697) by Chilling_Silence.

:8}

andrew93
20-08-2004, 04:10 PM
A shame but reading back through kiki's posts it all becomes a bit more clear (the cryptic messages about spelling arguments etc.) but he/she really bombed by answering with the wrong login.

stu120404
20-08-2004, 04:11 PM
> Yep.

:O

oh, Bugger me :( Now I look like a complete idiot :8} :8}

:|

Biggles
20-08-2004, 04:14 PM
I don't want to waste my time running around banning folks, and am willing to give people the benefit of the doubt when emotions run high, at least for a while. Just as I will ignore someone who I previously banned coming back under a new identity if they behave themselves. But when I politely ask someone to tone it down via email, and they respond by creating a new identity just so they can go on being a jerk, my patience wears out. It's just pathetic.

Biggles
20-08-2004, 04:15 PM
Trust me stu, there's only one person looking like and idiot, and it isn't you.

PoWa.
20-08-2004, 04:22 PM
>'); //--> -
That's a good impression of a swordfish there. Not quite as good as godfather's flounder though.

As a long term sufferer of split personality disorder I think I deserve a little slack. :^O

> You know, it's bad enough that I have to email someone and tell them to pull their head in, but when they take that as a cue to set up a new user id and start being an even bigger pratt, I get really quite annoyed.

Oh right, thanks for the heads up. I'm just reading it now, might have helped if I had read it a week ago. I basically never check that email address, it's a throwaway one.

> As PoWa you got banned.

I seem to recall 'quitting' on my own accord. I can find the thread if you like. It was an attempt to get a fresh start with a new username to avoid people pouncing on me every time I made a comment. For example, I doubt BillyT would have helped me with my monitor problem if I had posted logged in as PoWa because we used to have a few heated discussions. I'm thankful to him for helping me out anyway.

> And then you go a register as '); //--> and start being a total bloody pratt:

I would have quite happily posted as kiki, but I thought it was more appropriate to use that username as I was asking what the '); //--> symbol meant. And we still don't know, perhaps you would like to enlighten us?

If you didn't know already the spelling correction thing was a joke. I can't believe people took it seriously. I mean correcting someone on their spelling like that is pretty frivolous. It could only be interpreted as joking. Pete O'Neil was a good candidate for it too as he was calling me a "CS Tard" in some thread about Doom 3 and MX-440s a few weeks ago (I don't even play counter-strike!) You remember editing it don't you.

If PressF1 is about 'helping' then helping them with their spelling fits right in. I only attack people if they have attacked me first. I don't deliberately go about abusing people for no reason.

I've nearly done 3000 posts in this forum. Mostly all helpful in one way or another. That's more contribution than Elephant, Pete and yourself combined. Are you saying the next 3000 will be equally as useless? I can't please everyone and there is always bound to be a few arguments about something.

I wish you would get to the source of the problem and stop showing favouritism to the people that moan to you in emails all the time. They are pathetic.

There are people around here that should've and should be banned for far worse things than correcting people's spelling mistakes as a joke.

stu120404
20-08-2004, 04:39 PM
> If you didn't know already the spelling correction
> thing was a joke. I can't believe people took it
> seriously.
>
> If PressF1 is about 'helping' then helping them with
> their spelling fits right in.

Honestly PoWa it is none of you F****** business to correct other peoples spelling errors, so what if they make a few of spelling error?!?!

You should get a life mate!

Biggles
20-08-2004, 04:51 PM
You just don't get it do you? You'll never get it. Go away. I don't care for you justifications. I don't care for your attitude. I don't care that you chose to use a throw away email address - not my problem if you do that buddy. Your problem for being such smart arse. I am so bloody sick of pointing out a thing so simple that a child could understand it. This place relies on people getting on. When they don't, people leave. People who never post a thing. Peole who just want some help but can't stand how simple threads get hijacked. You know the rules. Just having a bit of fun? Someone makes a simple post and you attack their spelling of "im". Get a clue. You have been abusive. You have pissed off plenty of people and you are only right and justified in your own mind. Where to you get off calling people pathetic because they get offended by your abuse?

I have zero, nada zip interest in anyone's post count. Yes, you provided plenty of help. But then you decided that taking the micky and getting argumentative and downright petty was more fun. At which point it was entirely up to you to either stop that and be helpful or just walk away. You didn't do either. Now go away.