PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Trick

beama
19-08-2004, 12:59 AM
right click (and hold) on the web page, then use your scroll wheel to scroll through your browsing history.
I dont think this is a addin feature that I have may have downloaded and forgot about

zqwerty
19-08-2004, 01:45 AM
Nothing happening for me.

metla
19-08-2004, 01:56 AM
Sounds like your firefox is a whole heap trickier then mine.

pulling hair out
19-08-2004, 02:53 AM
Hi Beama

It works for me too, but you have to just roll the scroll wheel and not press down on it. If I press down on the wheel while moving it it doesn't work.

My optical mouse has a feature called "scroll active". You click down on the scroll wheel and release it. The word "Scroll Active" appears on task bar and you just move the mouse up and down and it scrolls up and down, and from left to right/right to left as well. [useful when you enlarge text on a page and it becomes too wide for your screen]. Also noticed that when it is turned on and I'm in this reply box, that it attaches to the cursor and can move it left to right/right to left.
Unfortunately, it has stopped me using the scroll wheel to close a tab.

Marg.

Sb0h
19-08-2004, 10:07 AM
Not working for me either.....must be a mouse specific thing.

nadius
19-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Hey that's a nice trick (didn't know it myself).

However it's included in an extension you have. Namely "All-In-One Gestures" (I have version 0.11.1)

And the feature itself is called "scroll wheel navigation". (you can also change it to navigate through tabs instead of your history)

BTW. I think that some of the mouse gesture extensions may overlap in functionality a bit, so maybe you have a different extension that can do the same thing.

But thanks for pointing that out, I believe I'll use it.
Firefox 0.9.2

Dan

zqwerty
19-08-2004, 09:28 PM
Don't like mouse gestures myself, MyIE2 had them, I always disabled them and now I use Firefox I won't be installing them again in a hurry.

beetle
19-08-2004, 11:07 PM
Cool works for me too......

but at the moment how my brain is, a very large seive with great big holes in it, i wont retain this peice of information to reuse at some other day.....
and if some one else says heres a new trick...... ill have another blonde moment and not remember ive ever done it before i feel.... :D

must get a life or some sleep......

thanxs anyway......adds a nother sticky to the monitor edge for things to remember...:D

beetle