PDA

View Full Version : The GIMP

Megaman
17-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Hi all. Today I installeed The GIMP on my computer. To test it out, I made a few Ranks for a forum I often visit, and it's working great so far :). But I've got a few questions.

1. If I use the text tool, how can I have different letters have different colours?

2. I have a few pistures I want to remove the background from (Make it Transparent instead of white). How can I do this?

3. Whenever I scroll down the list of fonts, I get a Command Prompt window complining about the fonts. All of them work OK though. This also happens when I try to save a Transperent GIF. Any Ideas?

Thanks, MM

Earnie Moore
17-08-2004, 10:17 PM
What operating system do you have?, I installed GIMP 2 on Windows 98 and got some kind of "font" missing error,

GIMP tells you not to install number 2 on windows 98 (or ME for that matter), I have GIMP 1.2 and it goes great on Windows 98.

Graham L
18-08-2004, 12:52 PM
Read the manual. :D I think it's http://manual.gimp.org/[/b] but "manual gimp" to Google will tell you.

Megaman
18-08-2004, 03:00 PM
I'm using GIMP 2.0 (From PC World CD) on Windows XP Home SP!

mejobloggs
18-08-2004, 04:18 PM
Version 2.02 has apparantly fixed some problems with that command prompt window.

Apparantly it helps a lot, when you install the GTK( is this what its called?) pack, you get an option to use windows themes or something, press no, or select the original GIMP theme.

I say apparently, because I havn't tried them.

1. You can do your text, then click something like, convert text to path, and then fill in each letter a different colour. I dont really know, but that would work. Probably an easier way if you ask an expert.