PDA

View Full Version : Bruce

JJJJJ
16-08-2004, 01:36 PM
Surprise,Surprise. I actualy agree with the padlock. First time I have ever agreed with the censor,
Jack

kiki
16-08-2004, 03:04 PM
> I actually agree with the padlock.
>> "Oh I agree with it too."
>>> "Oh that padlock is so fitting."
>>>> "Man he sure got told."

Let's refresh shall we? I was just correcting Effie C for saying Elephant had a marvellous "twp 120 Ghz h/d and 3200ghz CPU".

> "May I make a correction here. Elephant has a 2.2Ghz processor which is labelled as a 3200+ and his "120Ghz" hard drives perform worse than a single 20Gb hard drive running in PIO mode on the same IDE as a CdRom."

Quite relevant and a good correction. Two 120Gb hard drives with WinXP and the FAT32 filesystem, now that is a complete waste of space, and performance. There might have been a slight reference to another thread, but what isn't these days? With that comment I didn't drag down the thread, or mock/degrade his free gift of RAM to Effie C, I was merely stating the facts.

What followed after that was a 16 paragraph rant over it from Elephant. That was where it headed off topic and Elephant made things go nasty.

Then we must've had so many moaners to get Bruce's attention. The thread was at an end anyway, it didn't need to be locked. This isn't the playground Children, it's a public message board where free speech is/should be allowed.

As was said before, Elephant on nearly a weekly basis brings up rubbish from other threads. Consistantly arguing with Metla about trivial matters. You'll notice the two or three references to Gin in the thread. FYI that was from a thread last week. I say stone Elephant instead!

You guys act like referring to another thread is like bringing it up out of another universe or something. Whereas in reality the two threads are probably located on the same sector of the hard drive. Pedantic, very pedantic.

Graham L
16-08-2004, 03:12 PM
kiki.

I don't care who started it. The stupid spats of spoiled five year olds are tedious. Especially when they tediously lengthily try to justify themselve by saying "he started it".

This isn't a "public message board where free speech is/should be allowed".

It's a help forum where polite cooperation should be expected.

metla
16-08-2004, 03:32 PM
What do you call a fly with no wings?

A walk

Mooouhahahahahahahaha

nzStan
16-08-2004, 03:37 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!! Took me a few seconds before I got it tho..... *sigh* age catching up quickly.

kiki, sit down and drink your Ribena.

MrBeef
16-08-2004, 03:43 PM
kiki, again. You're stirring the ****. Give it up. Who cares if effie C made a mistake, most of will know what he is on about.

Megaman
16-08-2004, 03:52 PM
Wrong thread Metla

metla
16-08-2004, 04:08 PM
> Wrong thread Metla

You mean this isn't the bad joke thread?

I would beg to differ.

kiki
16-08-2004, 04:22 PM
> kiki, sit down and drink your Ribena.

I'm watching you. B-)

Elephant
16-08-2004, 04:48 PM
> Surprise,Surprise. I actualy agree with the padlock.
> First time I have ever agreed with the censor,
> Jack

I mostly agree at some times threads need to be locked.

I think that Bruce Buckman did the right thing in this case on the locked thread.

This is the PressF1 Forum and is here to help people having a trouble or problem with their computer.

To put a few things straight:-

1: I did not go miles out of my way to insert the RAM. I was going to Hamilton anyway and thought it would be a good time to help a person out. I am not perfect.

2: Effie C started with a 500 mhz CPU and 192 Megs of RAM 4 megs of which were shared with the on board video. I removed the 128 and 64 meg RAM from that computer and inserted two 256 Meg sticks of RAM. I also took the previous sticks away with me. I thought very seriously about moving the 128Meg stick and leaving it with that person in that system unit. I did not do that as the two 256 Megs sticks I put in were double sided SDRam and the two I took out were single sided. My thought was that these two sticks of RAM may be available to give to someone else. If there is one thing I will not do is walk away and leave a system worse than I found it.

3: I just try to help PressF1 members.

4: I would like to thank Effie C for starting the thread that was locked.

5: So to recoup... I called in to install more RAM. I did not go too far out of my way. I would like to thank people who thanked me. I had the spare RAM and was not going off to try sell on TradeMe or wherever.

6: Effie C and I have made direct contact and are doing Chess over the net. Effie C also gave me a carton of A4 paper which will go in my printer so everything was not entirely free. Effie C has more RAM and I have what was in that system unit in the way of RAM along with a carton of A4 paper.

7: Made a new friend I did not have earlier and get to have an online chess friend didn't I? This works for me.

Biggles
17-08-2004, 09:08 AM
Just leave it alone. The rules are clear. They are there to ensure we all (mostly) get along. Obviously, in a forum where opinions, technical or otherwise, are the bread and butter, people will rub each other up the wrong way every now and then. But no one wins a flame war. And something some of you don't seem to either understand or perhaps care about, is that while you're having a personal spat with another user, you are doing it publicly and polluting a thread that others are reading. This discourages others from participating in Pressf1.

Since our concern is to make this a useful, and friendly place to for people of all skill levels to find help for their computer problems, we obviously want to stop that kind of thing before it gets out of hand. Since we don't monitor 24/7, we will miss things or come late to the party. Which is why, we really appreciate the application of common sense, and a little appreciation from users that a forum is a community and that as members of a community you have a duty to moderate your own actions.

So, drop the issue, move on and just don't post if what you are going to post is contrary to the rules and the spirit of the rules.