PDA

View Full Version : Mem test passed no errors, next step?

beetle
16-08-2004, 01:10 PM
Ok borrowed the Ultimate CD from Metla,
for the people who know the vast history of lemon pc (this is 2nd memtest i have run)

did the test approx 14 hours running, no errors shown...... this may mean no probs yes?
not that i actually beleive it ....

what else should i now check...?
even though i havent had many or any probs with lemon since then ...touch wood.

what else should i be on the look out for now?
or possibly test?

help would be appreciated.

beetle

Jen C
16-08-2004, 01:16 PM
Hi Beetle

If your computer is running fine at the moment, then don't go looking for trouble where there is none :)

But you need to document exactly what happens and when, if the machine starts to play up again - for example what you were doing, what other apps were open, error messages etc. It is hard to troubleshoot issues when they are so vague. Fact gathering will help in pinpointing what the issue is.

At least you can probably rule out bad RAM now though. :)

Graham L
16-08-2004, 02:41 PM
Umm. Your memory works with memory testing software. That's all that can be said. :D

But keep a notebook beside the computer. When you change anything write it down. When anything goes wrong, write it down. With exact messages. Before panicking. There's always plenty of time to panic afterwards.

Billy T
16-08-2004, 03:32 PM
Hi beetle

Now that you have your camera back again, if you get some lengthy BSOD type error message, don't waste your time writing it down, take a picture instead, Saves time and keeps a better record. You can also post the pix here for experts to analyse.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

beetle
16-08-2004, 05:54 PM
LOL

yeah well it gets real dodgy at times, so i get mad and then stuff round trying to keep it on track.

and then theres times like now, and its all fine and dandy, ya wouldnt think its the same machine really......

i really think i should hate these machines.....

beetle

Elephant
16-08-2004, 08:52 PM
> LOL
>
>
> yeah well it gets real dodgy at times, so i get mad
> and then stuff round trying to keep it on track.
I can definitely understand that.

> and then theres times like now, and its all fine and
> dandy, ya wouldnt think its the same machine
> really......
So as a person says above roughly.
If it is not broken then don't fix it.
>
> i really think i should hate these machines.....
Why hate a computer? Why hate any person for that matter?
> beetle