PDA

View Full Version : Cd Repair

XOtagoScarfie
14-08-2004, 05:42 PM
Anyone had any postive experiences (or negative) with this dse repair product? (http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/411d82fd043fb4a62740c0a87f99071b/Product/View/C7128
)

Cheers

robo
14-08-2004, 06:52 PM
No, not me. Would suggest damaging a disk you don't care about and testing it first.
Looks okay, but is about price you'd pay to have two or three disks professionally repaired.
robo.

Earnie Moore
15-08-2004, 07:20 AM
what this ?

The right tools for the job
16 Piece Computer Servicing Tool Kit
16 Piece electronics servicing kit in a zip-up case.
SAVE $10.00 (normally $49.00)
Valid for a limited time only.
Cat No. T4843 NZ$39 incl GST

XOtagoScarfie
15-08-2004, 08:07 AM
Damn link didnt' work sorry guys,

Cat No. C7128
"PROCARE CD/DVD Repairer PC7089"

Motorized cd/dvd cleaner

I suppose I like gadgets too.

Cheers

Earnie Moore
15-08-2004, 08:21 AM
I must say, I was confused when I went to that other web page, the tool kit was the best pick, and it did not quite match the question.

Earnie Moore
15-08-2004, 08:43 AM
OK I found it
http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/411e669c061643d6273fc0a87f9906de/Product/View/C7128
Do you think a "Dynamic server motor" is the best type of motor?
would it be strong enough for "DVD rot"? I learnt from TV1 Fair Go

PS what is a "Dynamic server motor" was this invented by the marketing people, that does not do anything except sell useless products ?

Exclusive to DSE!

Professional repair for CDs, VCDs, DVDs, CD-ROMs and CDRWs. Easy 3-minutes automatic restoration.

Features: Environmentally friendly
Dynamic server motor
For use with a wide array of discs (including 8cm and 12 cm)
Power source: 12V 600mA AC transformer
Dimensions: 161 x 145 x 49mm
Uses either 9V battery or VC 9 Volt Adaptor 300mA

Cat No. C7128
Category: Audio Cleaning / Maintenance

NZ$49.87 incl GST

Add to Basket

Add Bookmark

e-mail page link

Baldy
15-08-2004, 10:24 AM
Its easier just to look after your CD's
I think out of the hundreds I own, I have only one AudioCD that is scratched and won't play.
What are people doing with their discs to damage them? Using them as frisbees? leaving them lying all over the desks and floor for little kids or animals to play with?
Hey, it dosen't take much effort to put them away after use and to handle them by the edges.
Then you could spend the 50 bucks on something worthwhile LOL

XOtagoScarfie
15-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Unfortunately dse don't sell a time machine, and my most of my cds are fine but those older nostalgic discs weren't taken care of as I was much younger. But cheers hope you enjoyed your little lecture.

Billy T
15-08-2004, 11:40 AM
I agree with Baldy, it is so easy to keep disks unscratched.

More to the point, the DSE machine is a toy, you cannot polish out any serious scratch (one that causes data loss) in three minutes.

I had a damaged OS disk (scratched by "professionals" doing work in my computer) and although it didn't look too bad, it needed professional polishing to cut the surface back so that it would work again.

If you want that "feel good" feeling, buy the DSE product, but for serious repair, try this Franchise Operation (http://www.discstation.co.nz/html/nz_map_main.htm) and get a guaranteed result.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

jarl of sweden
30-07-2006, 03:08 AM
I bought a couple of PC-7089 PROCARE (Taiwan original) for appr 40 NZD. After using the product a couple of days it all stopped for good. It has happened for two of the machines bought. I have "repaired" appr ten disc and used the machine with care as it told but it seems that the machine does not stands the time. I am NOT careless but I sell Playst 2 XBOX and USED DVD so I need to get rid of the scratches in a proffessional way. Before I bought a PRO FIX for 1600 NZD. But it is too expensive to multiple them.
(I Live in Sweden/europe)

Laura
30-07-2006, 07:08 AM
Welcome to PressF1, jarl of sweden.

It's great to know that you've discovered our New Zealand-based forum from as far away as Scandinavia.

If you found this thread through a search engine - like Google - you may not have noticed that it's actually 2 years old?
But it's useful to learn (for future reference) that there can be problems with this product.

I'm interested to know what kind of consumer protection Sweden has for cases like this. Does Procare have any guarantee? Did you return it to the retailer & get a refund for faulty goods?
And how good is the performance of the much more expensive Pro Fix?.

zqwerty
30-07-2006, 10:21 AM
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/24671/how_to_fix_and_repair_scratched_cds.html