thewhiz
14-08-2004, 12:30 PM
I have a dolphin Powercam 2.0 MP Camera
I have a 128 mb CF Card When i put the card in the camera the camera "Frezzes"
Please Help
I dont have a CF Reader

godfather
14-08-2004, 01:22 PM
Sounds like the card may be corrupt, and a format *might* help.

Unfortunately you don't mention the Windows version and the crystal ball doesn't work on weekends, so not sure if you can progress without a reader.

If you run XP you may still get to access it via Windows Explorer?

Graham L
14-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Even with the camera "frozen" you might be able to access the CF with your computer. With the camera mode select in any of the three non-WebCam positions, it should appear as "Removable Disk" in "My Computer". Have you still got the 16MB CF supplied with the camera? Try with that one first. It should have DCIM\100MEDIA\(pictures).

If that works, change cards and try again. If it gets in, you should be able to format it (not NTFS :D -- FAT16 or FAT32 will do).

I don't see a way in the camera manual to format the CF. A new one should be formatted, but you never know.

A card reader will cost you about $30 these days, or a PCMCIA card adapter less than $15 if you have a laptop. :D

Spacemannz
14-08-2004, 04:52 PM
Get a card reader at Dick Smith, theyre down to 35 or something $ now. Maybe less now. It's good if your system supports USB2 (and has 2 USB headers on the mobo). I use an Apacer 7-1 card reader. Works great.

It supports CF/MS,MS Pro/SD/MMC/Smartmedia/MD. BUT you MUST have 2 onboard USB headers, on the mobo. It fits into a spare disk drive bay.

I use a 128mb SD card. Didnt need any formatting. Just take pics, it goes to the card, then chuck it in the reader/view/edit then print. Saves you connecting the USB cable up.

Fishb8
14-08-2004, 05:14 PM
I had a 1 Gb CF card freeze on me because I removed it from the camera while the light was on (still processing). I put it in a mates camera (Canon) and he formatted it. I then put it back in my camera (Minolta) and formatted it and it works ok again.