PDA

View Full Version : Color problems

ruru
13-08-2004, 05:04 PM
On EVERY startup, as I reach the desktop background, the screen flicks black and trips out from 32bit to 8bit. I reset it and it is fine until the next start up.
I have trialled every screen resolution setting without success; used trouble-shooter; increased/decreased AGP speed; overlay adjustments; 3D compat'. Nothing works

2. On logoff, and intermittently on shutdown, the background screen fades slowly from colour to black and white.
I do have a personalised display setting but reverting to the standard XP settings doesn’t fix either problem.
However, I have as a trial, setup a second user account using standard XP settings and find this desktop display doesn’t trip out. Why not?

Yes, I could leave the computer on, but as I use A4tech wireless and keyboard I need to save my batteries.
Yes, I could just use the standard XP display but have had personalised displays for ten years and cant revert.
Yes I could use the second user account but putting everything in shared computers is a pain.
I want to solve this problem. I've searched every FAQ and Support forum I can find and cant see this problem. Any suggestions?

Using XP Home 2002 SP1 0m a Pentium 4 CPU 3.00Gh 1GB RAM with Philips 107E5(GS4) on 128RAM Radeon 9200 Monitor 1280x1024 60hz

Spartacus
13-08-2004, 05:23 PM
Can't help with the first problem, but I'll give the second a shot...

In fact, not sure this is a problem the way I'm reading it. When you click shut down (or logoff), and before you select one of the options on the resulting pop-up, XP intentionally fades from colour to b/w. When I say 'intentionally', I can't think of the intention, but it is supposed to happen.
If that's not what you were meaning, I'm afraid I'm stumped...

Welcome to PF1 :D

drcspy
13-08-2004, 05:23 PM
try reinstalling the drivers ?

metla
13-08-2004, 05:44 PM
Device manager>monitor>remove

Reboot.

Windows will redetect it and assign a driver as it starts.

The fade to b&w is a feature,not a bug.

Although the difference between the 2 is blurry in this windows world.