PDA

View Full Version : psu for packard bell pc

kali yuga
12-08-2004, 04:16 PM
My packard bell iconnect 733r pc wont turn on , I am assuming it is a faulty psu. The psu in it is an Fsp 145-60pna (pf) 145w. It has an atx connection but I am not sure if it is standard. I dont want to pay much to get anew psu, as the pc is nearly 5 years old. I have seen a 2nd hand Tiger brand TG 1458-C Reva so how can I find out if another psu is compatable?,

tommy
12-08-2004, 05:21 PM
It may not be the PSU that is faulty, it could possibly be a flat battery. It would pay to replace it with a new one first. Note that if the computer still does not boot it may be necessary to leave the battery out for a day while the computer is plugged in but switched off then replace battery and boot the computer.

bRaZZiN
12-08-2004, 06:04 PM
Hmmm... I'd be careful about changing the PSU for a packard bell... I've heard that while the pins are the same as a normal PSU, the voltages are different. I couldn't be sure if this would apply to your one... but just bear it in mind. Buy an official one if it's necessary.

kali yuga
12-08-2004, 06:47 PM
thanks for the advice so far. I have taken the battery out and tested it and it is 2.8 v so I dont think it will be the problem would it?
What seems odd is the pc was working up until 3 weeks ago and then suddenly wont turn on, the monitor which plugs into the same psu unit is working fine. Is there any way of testing the psu itself?

PaulD
12-08-2004, 08:12 PM
The monitor socket is looped to the mains input socket.
Take a look through this article
http://www.quepublishing.com/articles/article.asp?p=31105

Try pulling the ATX plug out and linking the green wire and any black. If the PSU fans don't start it's the PSU that's faulty. If the PSU starts then maybe it's the power on section of the motherboard or the front panel switch.

kali yuga
12-08-2004, 11:08 PM
Thankyou for that. Ive fiddled aropund with the connections and for now it seems to be working again!
thanks for taking the time to answer people!

Graham L
13-08-2004, 03:40 PM
Unplugging and replugging connections often fixes faults. ;-)

Once upon a time, connections were the first things suspected in computer problems. Software? It was reliable. :D