PDA

View Full Version : OT: Direct X 9.0c??



Codex
08-08-2004, 07:46 PM
hey i saw in this thread (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=49992#298638), a post by metla containing a link to download direct x 9.0c but in windows update the latest one you can get is direct x 9.0b?? whats up with that??

Chilling_Silence
08-08-2004, 08:35 PM
I thought it was only in WinXP SP2.

Apparently its not just in XP SP2......

Shaun Minfie
08-08-2004, 08:40 PM
Jetstream Games has it on the ftp :)

metla
08-08-2004, 09:36 PM
Im just that damn good is all.

Codex
08-08-2004, 11:27 PM
good call metla, but one day in a distant time i will suprise you with something you don't know <<cough> in a place where pigs fly <cough>>

metla
08-08-2004, 11:34 PM
Bide your time and you will get the oputunity,i insert foot into mouth with as much regularity as Growly kills otherwise healthy hardware.







Which means quite often.

Growly
08-08-2004, 11:35 PM
I killed two tape drives this morning....

dammit metla!

Lohsing
08-08-2004, 11:36 PM
To be honest, I've had poorer performance following the installation of Direct X 9C than beforehand.

I'm not happy about this. I would say I've lost on average about 5fps in Doom 3 across all runs with timedemo.

Lo.

Growly
08-08-2004, 11:37 PM
Oh, and a floppy disk controller, a cdrom drive, a sound card and another tape drive.

mr_rix
08-08-2004, 11:41 PM
> I'm not happy about this. I would say I've lost on
> average about 5fps in Doom 3 across all runs with
> timedemo.

'SUX 2 B U!'

Oh how I loath gamers that don't know how to sue the shift key X-(.

Back on topic now, there will probably be a patch released to fix DIII & DX9c.

Growly
08-08-2004, 11:49 PM
>Oh how I loath gamers that don't know how to sue the shift key

The what now? ?:|

My GeForce MX420 doesn't deserve 9.0c.

metla
08-08-2004, 11:53 PM
I think he meant use the shift key rather then sue it,im still confused as to what he thinks gamers should use the shift key for,or why he would hate them for not doing with it what he thinks they should...

Clear as mud?

Lohsing
08-08-2004, 11:53 PM
> Oh how I loath gamers that don't know how to sue the
> shift key X-(.

Eh?

Lo.

Lohsing
08-08-2004, 11:54 PM
> I think he meant use the shift key rather then sue
> it,im still confused as to what he thinks gamers
> should use the shift key for,or why he would hate
> them for not doing with it what he thinks they
> should...
>
> Clear as mud?

Ummm... still don't know what he's on about with the shift key and why I wouldn't know how to use it?

Lo.

mr_rix
08-08-2004, 11:55 PM
BECAUSE PEOPLE WHO INSIST ON TYPING IN ALL CAPS MAKE FOR AN ANNOYING GAME. CAPS SHOULD BE USED FOR THINGS LIKE:

INCOMING
BACK TO BASE
SHEE WHORE!

NOT JUST GENERAL RAMBLING.

Growly
08-08-2004, 11:56 PM
> Clear as mud?

How the hell is mud clear ???

No wait, that's the point...

So what the hell's with the shift key?

mr_rix
08-08-2004, 11:57 PM
>Ummm... still don't know what he's on about with the shift key and why >I wouldn't know how to use it?


I wasn't referring to you! But I got p/o'd with a host on Halo because he wouldn't turn caps off so I got kicked. I just went a little off topic! Sorry for the confusion (it's understandable).

NZk

metla
08-08-2004, 11:58 PM
ah ha,so it was an attack of the stupids after all.

Growly
08-08-2004, 11:58 PM
>BECAUSE PEOPLE WHO INSIST ON TYPING IN ALL CAPS MAKE FOR AN >ANNOYING GAME. CAPS SHOULD BE USED FOR THINGS LIKE:
>
>INCOMING
>BACK TO BASE
>SHEE WHORE!
>
>NOT JUST GENERAL RAMBLING.

Now that's hypocricy. :p

Growly
08-08-2004, 11:59 PM
Oh I get it, that was completely irrelevant and so off topic that it's like a big rocket missing Mars and hitting Uranus -

Much like most of what I say.