PDA

View Full Version : Question for Jetstream with Paradise

scottiedave
07-08-2004, 05:41 PM
Hi . I am using Paradise with Jetstream 3G plan right now and I just switched to unlimited plan with Telecom yesterday . And I am wondering that Paradise is charging me $20/m while most of the ISP is charging $10/m , so in regarding with this , I sent a email to them about the pricing and they replied me that I will received a letter about the change of the pricing plan at the end of July , but after a new period , they still charging me $20 , that really pissed me off ! So I would like to ask all the Paradise ADSL users if you guys got the same problem ? Or any other better ISP that are suggested to swith to (apart from xtra)?Cheers!

Terry Porritt
07-08-2004, 05:50 PM
Yes, I'm with Paradise and am changing to 256Kbs/3G on 17th August, from 128Kbps/10GB

I would change ISPs too but the hassle of changing email addresses is putting me off for the moment. If I find that 3GB is too little with the Telecom way of measuring data flow, then I'll try Orcon if Paradise dont reduce their price.

Perhaps if we all email Paradise and ask them do they want our custom they may do something to reduce price.

Raymondo
07-08-2004, 08:52 PM
I also had a dial-up plan with Paradise but I switched to Xtra when I went onto a 256k plan. It was a pain having to change my email address but it was worth it. What really made up my mind to move was an interview with a Paradise rep that I read in which he essentially said that that they weren't going to try to compete with Xtra pricing as they were sure that their customers valued the service that Paradise provided and would stay with them. $120 a year for service!!! I've got news for Paradise and it's all bad.

stu120404
07-08-2004, 10:15 PM
> I find that 3GB is too little with the Telecom way of
> measuring data flow

I think you will find Telecom/ Xtra has fixed that problem, as we have been on Xtra Jetsurf 3GB plan for 4 months now from Quicksilver JetStream Starter.

We have been using less or just below 3 GB a month( before we use to use 3GB+ when on JetStream Starter) & we have only Gone over 3GB ONCE!

Any way it is hard to measure the data flow any way as there is no Good Programs out there that you can trust & compeer with Telecom/ Xtra bandwidth meter.